How much do you charge to vacuum oriental rugs?

DevilDog

I am thinking of just offering vacuuming of oriental rugs as a service. What do you guys charge to do this?

I am assuming that MOST of you don't charge full rug cleaning prices to vacuum. Let me know.

DevilDog

DevilDog

LOL!!! Hey, thanks for giving Charles a call out. I know he appreciates that. I wish I had listened to you.

Tell me now Rich, after viewing the DVD's...what do you charge to JUST vacuum a rug?

This is a serious question, nothing sarcastic about it.

I am really interested in this. I would also like to know what guys charge to clean orientals in the home. How that price compares to taking them off site.

I was always taught, and KNOW, that taking orientals off site is the best way to clean them. But some people want them cleaned in the home. So I am wondering what the pricing should be.

I have heard of some companies charging some pretty serious prices to clean them in the home. So if they are doing it, it must be right. Because after all, getting all the money out of a home is our number one goal.

Right?

So this stuff really interest me. I need to start turning $300 jobs into $2600 jobs on a regular basis. My goal by the end of the year is to turn every minimum job into enough money for me to vacation in the filipines for a month.

That way I only need to do 12 jobs a year to be really happy!

DevilDog

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i don't get it, how much do you think some one will pay you to run a vacuum over their rug something they can do themselves?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I remember one of the rug plants saying that some customers just get a dusting of the rug vs dust and cleaning. It makes a big difference but that's using some other equipment other then a vacuum.

Albert

Supersucker

There is a 'rug dealer' in my area that has told people forever that rugs should never come into contact with water.
I thought that I could market rug dusting in the home. Well, obviously not in the home, but set up some grids in the drive, badger the rugs & vacuum them.
This would save a trip but still have labor to take rug out & place back in. This is something people cannot do themselves & if they saw the amount of dirt removed would gladly pay for it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have heard of some companies charging some pretty serious prices to clean them in the home. So if they are doing it, it must be right. Because after all, getting all the money out of a home is our number one goal.

Bull. Doing crap work makes that cleaner an ass. Justifying crap work to get all the money out of the customer makes that cleaner a detriment to the industry.

Dusting in the shop: 91 cents per sq. ft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom