How much do you guys pay for workers comp?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
From 1.20-5.90 per 100 depending on job classification. Our Rug Care employees are highest followed closely by our on location cleaners & restoration staff.

R

R W

I just sent in $192. for a 6 month premium on my employees wages of $21,000. I am in a group plan, which cost me about $180. a year.

I do not have WC on myself (as the business owner), although I probably should.

TimP

0 for me however when I get help I sub it through my in-laws biz. Their workers are probably around 20% but they are rated high because they install fence, carpet installation etc. So they have a high liability for injury. It's just easier to pay them their wages and taxes etc than to look for a policy for a temporary type thing.

TimP

I'm not sure if it's required in Fl for all things. But if you have employees you must have it no matter what. You can possibly get out of it being a sole proprietor.....I get out of it because I am a shareholder in my business....you can have 2 shareholders be exempt from workers comp here. I set up as a corporation to keep liability away from me personally or at least to build a layer between me and my business. But also to exempt myself from workers comp.

It probably varies from state to state....so you need to contact those in the know in your state. Perhaps your insurance agent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom