how much flow?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have an evolution wand and I just replaced the 01 jets with 1.5. There are 6 jets so i wind up with 9 "flow", or what ever you want to call it.

Is this enough? Would 9 be considered high flow? It cleans very very well but i am wondering if i should have gone to 2's.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
SRI Cleaning said:
I have an evolution wand and I just replaced the 01 jets with 1.5. There are 6 jets so i wind up with 9 "flow", or what ever you want to call it.

Is this enough? Would 9 be considered high flow? It cleans very very well but i am wondering if i should have gone to 2's.

I have the evo wand...I put #2s on it and it works great. Flushes the carpet. make sure and get 110's as well to get that spray out to the edges.
Did you get a green glide for it?

That black plastic thang is a piece oh sheet. Once it starts getting scraped up it will snag carpet fibers...and you know how much customers love that. :roll:

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yep i got a hybrid greenglide for it! It works great. And I also switched to all 110's. I think I am going to switch them all to 2's. I should have done that from the begining. Thanks for the input! :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am also trying to think of a way to raise the jet up a bit so I can put the check valves on them. The wand drips a little too much.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah it drips like crazy! Maybe you could make new brackets for it, to stand the spray bar furthur from the carpet. let me know if you do it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Actually I have been workin with Greenie on this and The Glide for a while. I think He has the glide perfected.
He was talking about raising the jets up a bit for the check valves and to spread the jets with a different manifold.

I didn't mean to take the credit Greenie I swear. lol

Now we just need to make a spray gaurd.

You would think that the people who make the Evo would have done all this....Leave it to Greenie to have to perfect something for them.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ignore Greenie.....
and go wit the Shawn Forsythe designed wand lik I use......infinite adjustments and ANY flow you want...and ya don NEED no stinkin' side gaurds...but the best part is....NO annoying drip from an OVERSIZED manifold!

I'm sure that Shawn is TOO bashful to brag about this tho........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
no...i am MECHANICALY inclined not computer inclined....HOWEVER...i feel that wit mere words...
i could explain the design well enough to convince a normal person......

John Watson

bob vawter said:
no...i am MECHANICALY inclined not computer inclined....HOWEVER...i feel that wit mere words...
i could explain the design well enough to convince a normal person......
Dream on big fella, Dream on

Greenie

When I first converted my own titanium to higher flow, I went from 01 jets to 015, back then we thought that was a pretty good bump, most at the time were crying foul saying we would be overwetting etc....(come to think of it, that is about the time I decided, you can't overwet, just underdry).

Anyhow the 015 proved to only be a small net increase at carpet cleaning pressures, so I eventually went to 02s for a decent upgrade in flow.

I say match the flow to your units abilty to heat water, if you can maintain 200º with 012 flow, then g'head and go with the bigger jets, if it kills your heat, back it off a notch and run with 09 total flow.

TimP

Bob driping is caused by high temperatures that you probably could never see on your TM. Not because of an oversized manifold. We use check valves to stop them up to 230.

My TM maintains 200 ATM with .06 flow constant and 230 with my greenhorn. I plan to go up with my next set of jets I purchase....I just put on my second set of 02 jets yesturday.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
TimP..i'm assuming 9502's Stainless?

sooooo...how do you adjust yor sheer angle...(point of impact)?

you can't.........

TimP

bob vawter said:
TimP..i'm assuming 9502's Stainless?

sooooo...how do you adjust yor sheer angle...(point of impact)?

you can't.........

Bob....greenhorns run 5 110 02's stock.

The jets are close to the ground and have slight over lap to have complete and even coverage accross the wand. You can move the angle forward and back to hit the carpet just before the glide or on the glide or behind the glide if you choose. You don't want the jets to point straight down as you will inject moisture into the backing.

Anyways there is a good picture of the wand in another thread....however the way you clean you aren't a candidate to use one anyhow....

With you I feel I'm preaching to the choir anyway.

Greenie

c'mon guys, don't give bawb too much air time, his wand like his technique is dated, let an ol fart have his memories.

TimP

I just say it for those who don't know....not really for bobs sake. I know it's pointless with him. You can't tell someone who believes they know it all, because they are too closed minded to try anything new out. The way I see it you either keep up or you go extinct....Just the way I see it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Boob should be more concerned with the flow of his high colonics.

Leave wand jetting to us pros who actually clean for a living.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
None so blind as those that......

WON'T OPEN THEIR EYES!

An' my colonics are jus fine...but thanks for thinking of me......

and TimP...i got one thing to say here:

Years in Trade: 1........HA!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
BrianE said:
No way you are getting 230 ATW with that White Magic. 200 would surprise me.

It consistantly hits 230 ATM on the gage and it heats up the vac tube on my wand to the point that I have to wear a glove. Pretty F'n hot.

It even lists 230 on its specs.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Brian Robison said:
boazcan said:
[quote="Brian Robison":2tnjp7v2]I haven't had a problem with my EVO collapsing.

You shouldn't on your set up. It should be just fine.

Bryan

230 heat, 14hg, 350 cfms?
How much more do you have?[/quote:2tnjp7v2]

The wand was demo'd on the AT at connections. Within 2 minutes of run time the head of that wand collapsed. They had to borrow a wand from the floor of the show, because none of the trucks being delivered had wands on them. It was sad to see. At the time, it was 280 heat and 16 hg. That is about what I run on my AT. Dual wanding 15 flow lessens it a bit, but flow makes up for it.

Mikey P

Administrator
It consistantly hits 230 ATM on the gage and it heats up the vac tube on my wand to the point that I have to wear a glove. Pretty F'n hot.

It even lists 230 on its specs.

Do you still leave cookies out for Santy Clause?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Was that the 16" TM wand?
I know the other smaller wand was made for portables.

I suppose I could take a pic of the gage tomorrow if anyone doesn't believe me.

Of course I leave cookies out for Santa. What?

Do you still believe that eating only vegies is better for you moron?
Yes, both fairytales.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom