How much is my rig worth?

G

George V

what do ya think it's worth?

I'm thinking about pulling a jim martin by selling it and get something different.

It's an 05 thermalwave. has about 3500hrs, and comes installed in 97 E150 w/ 121k miles and beefed up suspension.

Runs flawlessly and extrememly dependable. Hasn't seen much action since i got the Vortex.

003.jpg

002.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Whatever you could get for it. Do you want honest hurt your feelings numbers or do you want stroke me and make me feel good numbers?

G

George V

Jeepers!!!

think i paid about 25k just for the machine only about 5 years ago.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
HARPER said:
with every thing shown....10K
Harpers close only because it is sill in a turnkey form. If someone offers you 10k cash take and don't look back.

Since you posted before I replied I thought I'd finish :) the van is worth maybe 1500 machine 6-7 reels and hose 400 realistically if you part it out you'd get only around 7-8 but as a package if you list it for 12 with a no reasonable offer refused you might get someone to offer 11 but don't turn your nose up at anything over 8500 unless you reall want to sit on it. Me I would keep it as it is worth more as a back up then what you will get out of it. You have the good blueline there. Those are like gold. That thing will run another 10k if you take care of it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
P.S. Put that on a 04 or newer van this summer clean it up and I bet you could double that price easy next year as the glut of used equipment slows down. Right now there is just a lot of clean equipment to be had a rock bottom pricing.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
george...

You have a used site...You know what it is worth... :roll:

Van $800.00
T-Wave 3000.00
RX20 1250.00
Fans 500.00

Soooo... :x

Keep as a back-up...OR transfer the unit into a BOX...& run-it into the ground... :idea:

It will be worth the same with...200K miles & 5000K hours.."IT HAS HIT BOTTOM.."

John would have to buy that UNIT & van @ "less accessories".$3500 to turn a profit..:shock:

G

George V

Dang,

I can't believe how fast equipment depreciates.

your right.

I'm better off keeping it and putting it in a box truck like Harper or Martin.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Last thing since I have to at least make an offer :) I'd wire you 4500 next week and take it off your hands (everything shown). I'd strip it down and bring it back to it's original glory, put it in a 06 or better 1ton extended chevy and sell it for $23-24.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
George V said:
Dang,

I can't believe how fast equipment depreciates.

your right.

I'm better off keeping it and putting it in a box truck like Harper or Martin.

Depreciation is based on the market. When you have suppliers selling machines at near cost just to try and hurt thier competition, over selling every cool guy tool and do this to brand new start up's leaving them with no money to actually make this work. You end up with very cheap good equipment on the market driving older equipment down. Same as your car. Non different.

G

George V

Kewl,

thanks for the offer John...

This multi-truck operation is a pain in the neck...

employee's doing side jobs and running personal errands in company truck.

Meanwhile, i pick-up the tab for overhead like repairs, maintenance, chemicals, fuel, insurance, payroll and with holdings.... to name a few.

There's got to be a better way...

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
George V said:
Kewl,

Meanwhile, i pick-up the tab for overhead like repairs, maintenance, chemicals, fuel, insurance, payroll and with holdings.... to name a few.

This is why I will NEVER get off the truck.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
George V said:
Kewl,

THERE IS... !gotcha!

Take that same UNIT..& put you best employee in it.. :!:
Make him a 50% partner in THAT UNIT ...only... :!:

Give him 50% of the gross profit on that truck...
He is responsible for all repairs under $250.00
He pays for all chemicals.."purchased from you"..cost + 10%
He pays for ALL fuel,oil changes ect...normal maintenance..

EXPLAIN to him that you must have a $2000.00 RETAINER...for major repairs & security..

You can withhold 10% a week ...until the RETAINER is met... :!:

SET a purchase price on the UNIT in advance... :!:
And a date of purchase 1 year out....
After that time has passed..He can purchase the Van..& then recieve 70% as a subcontractor.

IF he STEALS a cleint ...his contract is NULL & VOID..."He will forfiet his JOB & RETAINER.."

ps..If the guy is going to have the OPPERTUNITY to purchase the VAN..He is MORE likely
to take care of IT... :idea:

Most will make it for about 8 months... !gotcha!
Then you can HIRE them back as an EMPLOYEE...They will NEVER..bItcH about their
wages again.. :shock: They NOW have had a GOOD taste of HOW TOUGH YOUR JOB IS.... :!:

LOOOOOOOOOSE..the FEaR.. :roll:

I am always AMAZED...that a O/O...is AfRaID...that they are BREEDING a competitor.. :roll:

If you DON'T...train them GOOD enough to be on their OWN.... :?:
HOW IN THE HELL....are they GOOD enough....To be servicing "YOUR CLEINTS"... :shock:

Shhhhhhhh..............quiet.........don't tell anyone.......

The SecReT...to a multi-truck operation...is to PAY THEM MORE.. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Than they can make out on their OWN.... :shock:

steve g

Name
steve garrett

so was there a bad blueline, what was wrong with the other ones.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I knew I Liked you Harper but damn it is like your reading my mind LOL I don't think you can EVER pay someone to much if they are earning it. To many people are greedy. It is way cheaper to keep someone then to train someone.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
steve g said:
[quote="John Olson":s23lipbs]
HARPER said:
with every thing shown....10K
Harpers close only because it is sill in a turnkey form. If someone offers you 10k cash take and don't look back.

Since you posted before I replied I thought I'd finish :) the van is worth maybe 1500 machine 6-7 reels and hose 400 realistically if you part it out you'd get only around 7-8 but as a package if you list it for 12 with a no reasonable offer refused you might get someone to offer 11 but don't turn your nose up at anything over 8500 unless you reall want to sit on it. Me I would keep it as it is worth more as a back up then what you will get out of it. You have the good blueline there. Those are like gold. That thing will run another 10k if you take care of it.

so was there a bad blueline, what was wrong with the other ones.[/quote:s23lipbs]

NISSAN........Don't think I need to say anything else do I?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Nissan."carburated"...The HOly GraIl... :!:

I can put every WRENCH in my "hip pocket"...That I need to repair it... 8)
10K hours..just to "breaK-um".........IN... :shock:

John,
The PC 805..."you saved my ASS on"...thank you AGAIN.. :!:

Run more hours than..ANY..unit we have...WHAT A UNIT... !gotcha!

She will out clean most units @ IDLE.. :lol: :lol:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
HARPER said:
George V said:
Kewl,

THERE IS... !gotcha!

Take that same UNIT..& put you best employee in it.. :!:
Make him a 50% partner in THAT UNIT ...only... :!:

Give him 50% of the gross profit on that truck...
He is responsible for all repairs under $250.00
He pays for all chemicals.."purchased from you"..cost + 10%
He pays for ALL fuel,oil changes ect...normal maintenance..

EXPLAIN to him that you must have a $2000.00 RETAINER...for major repairs & security..

You can withhold 10% a week ...until the RETAINER is met... :!:

SET a purchase price on the UNIT in advance... :!:
And a date of purchase 1 year out....
After that time has passed..He can purchase the Van..& then recieve 70% as a subcontractor.

IF he STEALS a cleint ...his contract is NULL & VOID..."He will forfiet his JOB & RETAINER.."

ps..If the guy is going to have the OPPERTUNITY to purchase the VAN..He is MORE likely
to take care of IT... :idea:

Most will make it for about 8 months... !gotcha!
Then you can HIRE them back as an EMPLOYEE...They will NEVER..bItcH about their
wages again.. :shock: They NOW have had a GOOD taste of HOW TOUGH YOUR JOB IS.... :!:

LOOOOOOOOOSE..the FEaR.. :roll:

I am always AMAZED...that a O/O...is AfRaID...that they are BREEDING a competitor.. :roll:

If you DON'T...train them GOOD enough to be on their OWN.... :?:
HOW IN THE HELL....are they GOOD enough....To be servicing "YOUR CLEINTS"... :shock:

Shhhhhhhh..............quiet.........don't tell anyone.......

The SecReT...to a multi-truck operation...is to PAY THEM MORE.. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Than they can make out on their OWN.... :shock:

Thank you Harper. I've been saying exactly this for the last 2-3 years. That is why your pay system works as well as it does, and you're still able to make a profit. Good profit, good (paid well) employees, happy customers. Makes it much easier to KEEP customers(lower marketing costs), when your employees aren't worrying about their personal finances, and rather on how the business is doing. They'll look at ways to improve systems and process and experience because they understand that everyone(especially their wallets) improve. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom