How much solvent would you add(pre spray) for nasty comm carpet?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Doing a subaru dealer tomorrow, it's got lots of oily spots and is pretty nasty looking.

Just wondering how much solvent(I'm using citrus) you would add to your hydro force/pre spray? How much is too much? 8, 12, 16oz???

Pre sopt w/citrus, citrus in hf, hwe, then encap... Could pre scrub, also... But come on - it's sunday! Get me home... Any ideas?

Pre agitation or encap after?

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Hey Rick,

What do you use for a tool to get up against the mop board? Do you not worry about that or do you take a white pad and cut it to size and use a doodlebug (that's what we used to call them) or vct tool used for stripping wax up close to the walls to aggitate and encap that little strip the Cimex can't quite reach?

Thanks for your expertise!

Bill

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Larry concentrate your mixture where you need it most. Then just use your regular precondition for the rest. I'd pre-scrub, the extra time it cost you to scrub will be saved with fewer extraction passes because of better agitation.

Encap is always an option as Rick suggested. Although we often HWE the first cleaning and then maintain it with encap and the Cimex.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hey Rick,

What do you use for a tool to get up against the mop board? Do you not worry about that or do you take a white pad and cut it to size and use a doodlebug (that's what we used to call them) or vct tool used for stripping wax up close to the walls to aggitate and encap that little strip the Cimex can't quite reach?

Thanks for your expertise!

Bill

Hi Bill

Most edges don't require too much attention, since people generally don't walk all the way up to the baseboard in most cases. Normally there's just dust along the edges. But when edges do need attention, we have the "Edge Brush" that works really well. Simply spray the edges with a pump-up sprayer and give it a quick scrub with the Edge Brush.

Here's a link to the Edge Brush: https://www.excellent-supply.com/Edge-Brush-Carpet-Cleaning-Accessory_p_11.html

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They want it clean , not spread the dirt around with encapsulation scampoo.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
That's right James. They want it clean. And that's why a good Encap system makes such good sense. They'll be able to enjoy bright clean carpet. They won't have recurring spill stains or wicking. The carpet will stay clean longer between cleanings and will be able to clean up easier the next time the carpet gets serviced. And the carpet should be able to be priced at a price that makes it possible for the building owner to enjoy having clean carpet without killing their budget. Best of all, there's room for good profit for the carpet cleaning contractor too. Seems like a win win to me!

Rick Gelinas - The Encapman
www.Excellent-Supply.com / Releasit

Ron K

That's right James. They want it clean. And that's why a good Encap system makes such good sense. They'll be able to enjoy bright clean carpet. They won't have recurring spill stains or wicking. The carpet will stay clean longer between cleanings and will be able to clean up easier the next time the carpet gets serviced. And the carpet should be able to be priced at a price that makes it possible for the building owner to enjoy having clean carpet without killing their budget. Best of all, there's room for good profit for the carpet cleaning contractor too. Seems like a win win to me!

If you call him Jimmy he might listen I doubt it but he might.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Pre agitation or encap after?

Seems like most of you guys pick pre scrub. If time only allowed one(extra step) I'd chose to post encap.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Which works better on commercial cimex or orbital.

gene

The Cimex is able to cover a little more square feet per hour than an Orbital. But an Orbital has more versatility because it can be used for bonnet/pad cleaning in addition to straight encap cleaning. Plus the Vario is lighter and a little more nimble to toss around, so it's great for getting in and out of smaller jobs. But if I were tackling mid sized commercial jobs or larger commercial jobs - the Cimex would be what I would go for. So it all comes down to the type of job you're doing.

C&S

Name
Scott

I agree. and I don't even encap a lot. but I have a brush pro and not a cimex. wish I had a cimex better agitation, I have never tried your encap stuff rick. any chance you can hook me up with a sample?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Scott C&S;4292550any chance you can hook me up with a sample?[/QUOTE said:
Absolutely. Give us a call whenever you have a minute 1-800-330-1888. We'll be happy to send samples of our products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom