How often are you testing the fiber?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I WAS CLEANING TODAY, THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ANOTHER FILITHY BERBER OLAFIN LOOKED STRANGE TOOK A CLOSER LOOK AND IT WAS WOOL! iM GLAD I DIDNT HAVE THE HEAT UP AND WAS JUST USING SOME WMILD CHEMICALS. i AM GONNA HAVE TO DEFINATLET START TESTING THE FIBER MORE OFTEN AT LEAST IN RESIDENTIAL . GLAD IT CAME OUT WELL AND DIDNT MES IT UP

Translation by Admin:

"I was cleaning today. I thought it was just another filthy olefin Berber. It looked strange, and I took a closer look, and determined that it was wool! I didn’t have the heat too high, and was just using mild chemical. I am definitely going to have to start testing the fiber more often, at least on residential carpet. I am glad it came out well, and didn’t mess it up."

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Re: HOW OFTEN ARE YOU TESTING FIBER

roughly 6 times in 11 years?

if i had a TM i would have to do it more often on resi jobs.

Mikey P

Administrator

The heat generated by a truckmount ain't gonna harm 99.9 of the wall to wall wools you come across.

Name
Nate W.

Mikey P said:
The heat generated by a truckmount ain't gonna harm 99.9 of the wall to wall wools you come across.

Just better make sure you groom and don't use rotary machines. high heat with rotary is just asking for it. :lol:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
No, but High heat and high chem will. had a customer who cleaned religiously every 6 months and had a nice Karastan Woven wool carpet. Thes stuff lasts for year when treated right, but because of the high heat and bad Chemo, they turned their wool brittle and it wore right down to the backing in a matter of 4 years in heavy traffic areas.

Back
Top Bottom