How often do you clean your wand

Jason

I think my wand isn't giving me the air flow that it used to. My glide gets debris in it, which can be poked out, though I imagine there might be hair balled up behind the glide.

anybody have advice about how to get a glide off? Place it in a bucket of hot water, soften it, and use a flat screwdriver.... that has been some advice. Then run a garden hose from the top of the wand through to the bottom.

How often do you pros clean out your wand?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just put a screwdriver in the end and lift it up and pull it off...( note the direction it goes on ).....I use a pick and pull out all the little hamsters that get clogged up in there and just pop the glide back on...pretty simple.....as far as how often you should do it...kinda depends on if or how well you prevac.............

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jason said:
How often do you pros clean out your wand?

as often as it needs .

I can tell by the sound if there's a popcorn kernel stuck in the lips...fo-reel

if you've lost "noticeable" airflow, you likely have something stuck at the point of wand head and vac tube .
the times that's happened to us, it's generally something like a toothpick or incense stick that get's sideways.
then it catches lint and hair continually til the ball chokes off flow.

stick a garden hose into the tube and push it all the way down to the vac head .
(with water on, obviously)
Most times that will clear the clog enough to pull it out.
If not, get some long hemostats to reach thru the vac slot and pick at the fur ball

..L.T.A.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Take the glide off and let it breath I love to hear the sound of coins wiping thou my wand it never has plugged up in 27 years and it stays clean .

clean one

I rinse mine off just about after every job. I have a short water hose that i use to rinse it off. Like to keep it clean looking specially if i'm going into a clients home

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
ROACH CLIP
OHH....... well why didn't he SAY that?

ummm, if you cowboys fished, you'd find other uses for your zircon encrusted tweezers just a gleaming in the moon lighty-nite

Picture211.jpg

Look above the fishes tail, clamped on to the strap of my pack

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
have a pair hooked to my vest...perfect for removing flies..........helping to hold them while you are stringing them.....etc...etc...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I charge a $50 stupid tax to anyone that has already been warned about bringing a chia pet into the shop or store. If your wand is growing it's own science project don't bring on the property or make sure I don't see it.

Your in the cleaning buisness for Hell's Sake.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Outside of the wand: dip a towel in viper renew and rub it on the dirty wand> It will clean up perfect- and will look shiny new! After viper renew, make sure to rinse off the wand with fresh water.

Inside of the wand: take the glide off (just like others already said) either water hose it or something thin and long will get in there to grab the built up crap. If your wand has a small screw to hold the gap, sometimes that screw will hold on to an 8-10 inch long hair-lint build up.

Now Its been a few years since I had to do that because real carpet cleaners vacuum up that loose crap before wanding.... shiteatinggrin

I can't stand it when carpet cleaners run around with duct taped together dirty wands that you can't see the jets from all the lint-hair build up!!! How can you CLEAN with THAT??!!!?

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
bob vawter said:
ROACH CLIP
OHH....... well why didn't he SAY that?

ummm, if you cowboys fished, you'd find other uses for your zircon encrusted tweezers just a gleaming in the moon lighty-nite

Look above the fishes tail, clamped on to the strap of my pack

..L.T.A.

Ya I knew that too!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"I pulled on her hair/ Got her legs in the air/ And asked if she had/ Any cooties in there."
having got the girl off by making it with her sister, he suggests a "discipline" with "a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers," sterilized with her lighter.

A zApPaPhiLe.......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey!

How I clean my wand is MY business. :evil:

They say stroking more than a few times is playing with it. :oops:

T

The Magician

Use a coat hangar to get deep inside her. Then remember to wax it

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always used the hacksaw blade....I totally forgot about that.
I kept one on a hook in my van.

Memories. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom