Votes: 0 0.0%

• My name is Mort and my Father in Law owns the Piggly Pump And Go so IDGAS

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm curious as to how often you busy guys with vans or trucks are filling up your gas tanks?

( Sorry but those that haul around a Oreck Orbitor in the back of their AMC Gremlin need not respond)

I get the feeling that one ton GM vans running a PTO all day are the worse hogs.

I buy about 50 gallons a week on average for the V.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am pretty close to 50 gals a week........
give or take.......we are at $4.49 for diesel right now......

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
My 3500 Savana has a 6L engine and 30 gallon gas tank. I run a Butler pto. I use about 1/4 tank of gas a day but try to top off every night in case something comes up such as a large WD job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Once a week, but I don't drive a lot, to and from work.

My Tundra is a hog, barely 13 miles to a gallon, if I drove more it would be twice a week. I put less than 8,000 hours in the last year on it.

When we go as a family we take the wife's vehicle.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I fill my Hybrid once every two weeks even though it's loaded down with an Inspectors kit, carpet repair tools, cameras and a very big box of crayons.

:p

Name
Lee Stockwell
I think we drive more conservatively when the tank isn't full. Put $100 in the diesel van last night....still not full.

Locking gas caps and pilfer resistant gas hoses are a MUST.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i dont run a tm so i wont taint ur poll... but still have a 1ton gmc that i fill up once every week of 2.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Richard C. said:
Tony what kind of Hybrid?

You saw it your own dam self in that snowstorm in Topeka - Toyota Camry and I pretty near needed a step ladder to get into you bigAss truck.

Once Duane fixes me up with a Hydrogen cell, I'll only fill up once a month.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Too much snow, I couldn't see it! LOL

My big ass truck! LOL

It loves the snow, but I almost got stuck in a field a few weeks ago in the mud, even in 4-wheel drive!

I sunk down to the rims, thought I was going to need a tractor to get me out! :shock:

Name
Jesse
We fill at the end of every day shift. Usually 15-20 gallons unless the van did night work then they're empty.

Our e-350 with 5.4 averages 14mpg and burns 2.25 gal per hour
Our e-250 with 5.8 averages 10mpg and burns 3 gal per hour.
Our e-150 with 4.9 averages 14mpg and buns 0 gal per hour (porty & encap)
Our B1500 with 5.2 averages 12mpg and buns 0 gal per hour (porty & encap)

We use mini vans for janitorial and they average 18-20mpg

TimP

Right now I'm doing about 2 times a week. Sometimes once a week. I put in 75 on Saturday and today I put in 100 and neither time did I actually have a full tank I just pump until the pump shuts off. And actually this week I spent most of the week installing and not running my TM. Once I get going on these large jobs I figure 3 times a week maybe 4, till I'm done then back to 1-2 times a week.

John Watson

Helen and I usually gas up once a week now and again we we do it twice..
Depends on where all the jobs are located, we cover a large (Most call rural) area Trk 97 E350 avg 14 around town and 17 on the 5

The JEM burns about 1.5 per hour

31 gal tank filled up yesterday 28 gal $115.00

Name
Ron lippold
ive been sucking up alot of rug lately its not looking any better over here im having to work nights and some saturdays. i like putting a 100 a day it means im spanking it all the way to the bank

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if I do 3-4 jobs a day it comes in at about 20-40 miles

R

R W

I seem to fill up about every 2 days......well I top off, and it always reaches $75.....the max that Mastercard allows at 1 gas up.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Cost me about 225 -240 week. 2 times a week I fill up sometimes 3. I do alot of traveling out of state. Figure 8 island alone in NC is 550 miles alone so I'll fill up 3 times this week.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Gas has seemed to be about 10% of what i charge.

sometimes better, sometimes worse.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
We got a 4000 dollar fuel bill today. No shutoff on our fleet cards. I fill up every day because my '03 chevy doesn't get along with the straw for my white magic gas-line. It reads whatever it wants. It'll say empty and take 3 gal to fill, or it will say full and run out of gas right at a traffic bottleneck. Talk about bad marketing.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Taken it back twice. The argument is, Since I never ran a full tank through it before I put the machine in it, it could have been like that to begin with. We got our van off another cleaner who had a CDS in it and got rear-ended. He had full replacement coverage so they just took his van and sold it off and had him a new one right away. So then you have the argument that it could have been the last install that screwed things up or the collision. I just fill up every day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom