How often do you rinse out your waste tank?

-JB-

Name
JB
Re: Are you the master of your domain? How often do you

WAT

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

I thought only us service guys rinsed out waste tanks. You guys do too.

Brian L

Name
Brian L

I rinse mine out at least once a week, a bit more often in the summer. Rinse out the blower filter at the same time.

Chris A

Name
Chris

once every couple weeks or so, more in the summer to squelch the stench.

TimP

I rinse my tank probably once a month. And filters every other week or so. I try to keep the air flowing well. However I've never scraped the crud off the walls of the tank......I figure I may try to fill it up and let it soak with some cleaner and maybe then it might clean itself???? but some how I doubt it will work.

clean one

Man i must be anal i wash mine out at the end of ea day or ifs it pouring rain or to cold then i might let it go a day or two but thats it. Mostly it get hosed out ea day. Then about once a year i take the pressure washer to it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

the way I filter mine once a week is good.............

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

Maybe monthly. More for fuzz and crap in the bottom than for smell. I have a SS tank and the muck doesn't stick to the sides of the tank like my aluminum tank did. If you drain the tank completely at the end of every day the stink is kept under control unless you're cleaning up crap or piss.

Jayhawk2218

Your supposed to rinse out the tank?????

steve r

a couple glugs of micro ban when ever it starts to stink.i hate working in the winter.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams

I've got a White magic filter box about 7 ft. from the tank and all the crud accumulates there, the tank stays fairly clean. I do check the blower filter once a year or so.

G

TimP said:
I rinse my tank probably once a month. And filters every other week or so. I try to keep the air flowing well. However I've never scraped the crud off the walls of the tank......I figure I may try to fill it up and let it soak with some cleaner and maybe then it might clean itself???? but some how I doubt it will work.

I've been taking so much from this board. Now is my time to give back :D . There is a solution to Tim's method. When I purchased my home 5 years ago, it was owned by a plumber and he left behind bunch of stuff including this jar of Bio-Clean. When I purchased my current business 6 months ago, the waste tank was nasty, filter clogged, and the pump out sounded like it was straining. I decided to do a great cleaning job "half ass" and dump this Bio-Clean in the tank and see what happends. I read the jar, and it was supposed to eat anything organic (hair, bacteria etc..). The next day I emptied the tank, and forgot about it. But, I noticed the pump out was working like a champ (my guess was hair was wrapped around the fins). My helper (previous owner), said "whatever you did, you fixed it". Long story short, this stuff is great to use once in a long while. Use it with a full tank, and whatever you do, don't forget about it after 2 or more days, or you'll die from puking out your guts from the god awful smell of the gasses it released from eating everything.

http://www.statewidesupply.com/what.html

LeeCory

When you are the "master of your domain" you "rinse it" whenever it needs "rinsed".

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

it gets pressure washed at least couple/three times a year.
Sometimes more.

pool filter cuts down on a lot of lint/gunk in the tank.
a good drain and leaving the drain valve open at night helps lessen tank-stank

..L.T.A.

R

R W

I rinse every so often, but it's been 2 Christmases since I actually scraped the crap off the bottom. It was about 2 inches of guck, and i scooped it out with a mortar hoe. I use the intank filter with some good "cotton crotch" panty hose to make cleaning the intank filter a breeze. I use knee-highs on the 2 intank blower filters.....and change them a few times a week. The pantyhose get changed at least daily, sometimes twice.

I can't find them for under a buck a piece. The checkout lady at K-Marts has been eye-ballin' me lately for buying so many pairs. I think there "Queen" sized, and you get 4 for $5.

I can hear the IRS auditor asking "...and you bought $400 worth of pantyhose for what?"

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
When I am in a shop with a good drain and hose setup, daily. At the shop I'm at now I'm lucky if I wash it out once a week. I usually do the blower filter once a week, and the filter box filter every 2-6 jobs unless I do a nasty and then it's every job.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

R W said:
I can hear the IRS auditor asking "...and you bought $400 worth of pantyhose for what?"

That reminds me of an old gallagher bit about the IRS.

"I get audited every year, they say I can't claim $5,000 in watermelons.... Well what's the limit then, How many of 'em can I claim?!?"

Bryan Irvin

Got rid of that damn sock filter a couple years ago...what a difference in vac, so we rinse once a week and dont have buildup problems on the bottom.

Bryan

Chris A

Name
Chris

R W said:
The checkout lady at K-Marts has been eye-ballin' me lately for buying so many pairs. I think there "Queen" sized, and you get 4 for $5.
Queen Sized, LMAO!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom