How often should you flush your blower.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Hey guys,
Last week I flusher my 47 blower for the first time (1030 hrs) I could not believe how much crap came out! I was a little nervous about doing though. I am curious how often a guy should do this. I have had only a few times that excessive foam/water has come through in the past. Anyone else flushing on a scheduled time or hours?
Thanks!
Jerry

G

For me it all depends on how busy you are . If you are doing 800 to 1000 hours a year , I would do it 2 times a year.

WISE

Exactly how do you do this?

My boxxer gets flushed reguarly as a result of that piece of crap barrel float they have for shut-down. :shock:

WISE

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
take your blower to tank hose off and stick a garden hose in there...be sure to hold on to the hose or make a safety tie off :lol:

or take your filter off inside the tank and put it in there...

so as to what i have heard, will be doing this when i get back next week

Mikey P

Administrator
or connect a 1/4 hose to your blowers lube port and stick the other end in a bucket with a gallon of diluted detergent in it...

Easy.

Matt King

Never flushed a blower out... I have a Sutorbilt on the shelf with over 9K hours. I pulled the front end plate last week and it still looked pretty good. I see alot of guys talking about it with favorable results though. It definitely shouldn't hurt anything provided the silencer is completely dried out. Either that or just take it off during the cleaning..

Jester

I don't have a set schedule just whenever i think to do it. Usually biweekly at least monthly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom