How to build street cred in a new area?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
If you were going into a new population area tomorrow how would you quickly build your name?

Would you do alot of advertising and hope for the best?

What about e-mail marketing, do you have to have a list of e-mail addresses to send out offers or is there a co. that is able to target market for you? Will most of the e-mails end up in the spam folder?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would do the same cr@p I already do.

For cred get tons of positive client reviews on your site and local search engines.

Register in local directories, Angie's list, fave, merchant circle etc...

Have centers of influences do your marketing for you. Local groups such as civic organizations, recreational groups, associations, employers ect...

You can also join business groups such as the BBB or the chamber which can help your web ranking.

Your business can get almost instant (less than 6 moths) credibility this way throughout your community for very little money.

I certainly wouldn't recommend to go hunting for clients one client at a time with e-mail or whatever media you desire.

Hunting almost blind with a shotgun hunting for one little bird at a time can be a very costly and a discouraging way to market.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Spamming email will not gain you credibility. You may be able to buy a list but I wouldn't do it.

Gain your email address' through creative marketing...contests on Facebook..etc.

I know it's old news but if you have a really pro website that appeals to your customer, you will gain as much credibility as possible in that amount of time. It's the quickest way to get your name in front of people.

It's like when a new building pops up in the neighborhood with a new company. If it's brand new and looks really nice...people are going to want to check it out.

Junk snail mail isn't a bad way if you have a really good layed out post card...that has your website address on it...and has the same design scheme as your website and the rest of your marketing material.
People don't like junk mail that often but it's like that girl you liked in high school.

If you follow her around, you are stalking her...unless she likes it....then you're the best thing ever.
Get the picture?

-JB-

Name
JB
do some charity work, Mc Donalds House, Hospice, local firehouse, police station, batered womans shelter, non-profits and the like, what's the worst that could happen you help some people out?

Name
I'm Rick James
You want cred, do everything bigger and better than everyone else. Lead by example.

-JB-

Name
JB
I could be wrong but I believe he just told you to stick a sock in your trousers! :shock:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Buy a good looking Box Truck with a loud noise generator that sounds like a monster vacuum cleaner.

Give away a free cleaning to the nicest house in each of the nicest neighborhoods. Spend from 4 pm to 7 pm on a weekday doing this free cleaning.

Have a beautiful young lady cleaning your truck while you are in the house cleaning. Your truck will attract attention the young lady will write up your walk up orders.

Then have her walk the neighborhood and put flyers on the neighbors doorknobs.

All of the men in the neighborhood will be thinking outside the Box---

Rick

I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.
Ronald Reagan

Tracfone Minutes?

Montana Courtroom Technology

Best Tracfone Deals

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom