How to Clean Flokati Rugs

Scott Rogers

Have to go estimate one tomorrow.

Customer says it 6x9 or 7x10, 4000 gram, white with pet spots.

Tricks or hints?

What possible issues can arise?

-JB-

Name
JB
why do people who buy those rugs always have animals with bladder issues? :roll:

don't expect/promise any miracles on the stains.

dgargan

Very hard to get all the dirt out. I hang them, vacuum with hose cuff, beat the snot out of them, use a carpet rake on it, shake them vac vac vac! It's unreal what can hide in there

Scott Rogers

LOL, I read some of the stuff online about them. Not sure why anyone would by a rug the manufacture tells you not to vaccum.

Will these things hold up to any scrubbing what so ever?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You could use a commercial washer to wash them. We wash them in ours and even tumble them on cool for a few minutes to fluff them, then we hand it to dry.

If it's been washed before it's unlikely there will be any shrinkage, but if it's the first time it could draw up some. Measure it before you clean it and after to confirm no shrinkage.

You can always spot it and pretreat it prior to washing it.

Scott Rogers

How big of a rug can you fit in a commercial washer and still allow it to clean with out damage?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
just cleaned one the other day
cimexed it and extracted it come out great
take a day or 2 to dry with fans on it

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Cimex on a Flokati? I would not recommend using any kind of scrubber on a Flokati.

If you can't find a big enough washing machine, these will respond well to pit washing using a roller for agitation.

One thing that most cleaners don't do is groom these to look their best. Use a carding brush on the nap and charge extra. The customer will love you.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You can absolutely hose these down Lee. In Greece they tell the tourists the proper way to clean these is in a waterfall.

Being able to hose one down doesn't mean you'll be able to get it clean though.

John Watson

Give it a ride on a Goldwing, Oh yeah, I was just doing the final fluff taking it home on I-5 75 miles after Bryan and his crew (My Sub contractor) did their magic to it..

rhyde

Name
rhyde
shouldn't be had to clean at all i agree with lee a hose works well the hard part is handling them wet and getting them dry in a timely manor

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Give it a ride on a Goldwing, Oh yeah, I was just doing the final fluff taking it home on I-5 75 miles after Bryan and his crew (My Sub contractor) did their magic to it..

I thought I'd taken a picture of that, but I can't find it. Imagine John on his bike with a 9x12 Flokati folded up between his back and the second seat backrest. Looked like he had a polar bear on the back.

I'm sure you practiced your parade wave all the way home.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Scott Rogers said:
What possible issues can arise?

These will often tighten up a little. If the client is unhappy you can easily restretch it back to size. They are frequently used as an underlay to the sheet in bed - super comfortable
Night all
roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom