How to clean in -10 degree weather...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
IMAG0135.jpg

Like this. Run your solution line through 50ft of vac hose and keep one end in the house and one end in the van. Going down to the RV center to get another hatch cut for the 2.5 inch vac hose today.

Lora Olson

Nice job Gary!! Everyone around here is bitchin and moaning about having to cancel their jobs today...it's 15 deg. here...not nearly -10!!!!! I'm impressed!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
life's tough, isn't it Shorty :roll:

I've always thought I'd run two lengths of soln line into the house, one returning to the truck, keeps some water flowing through the lines, keeps a lot of the heat right to the house.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Shorty Down Under said:
Why not park your van in the garage and run an exhaust hose to the outside ??

I'm having enough trouble here with our own climate change.

This is what I've had to endure of late, and you think you got problems.

SDC10459.jpg

I'm sure Harry can relate to this. !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

:lol: :oops:

Don't run the exhaust outside. It gets messy. We tried doing that with a CDS at the last company I worked at and it made our 6000 sq ft shop uninhabitable.a

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I just park in the garage and shut the door.

Easy, Everything stays nice and cozy warm and no cold drafts into the clients house.

Works great!!

It's great to go electric when it is below freezing.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
7north_new.jpg

bah i gotta clean Friday sometime....

brrrrrr

and here on sat night
7cache_new.jpg

harryhides

Name
Tony
You whiners are such wimps, look at what we have to deal with in the far north.

This is the house where we cleaned yesterday -

Tomorrowscustomer.jpg

The road to get to this house -

Roadtocustomerhouse.jpg

But no problem with my custom Technoviking unit.

ModifiedelectricTM.jpg

Shorty, you are truly one horrid bugger.

:mrgreen:

John Watson

Eazy nuff for you to say, speccily since youse apackin yur own freshy tank... We cleaned til it it -20 if we could find a supply to hook to. 3-4 guys on a trk, 3 guys working like heck, 4th carring a big stick. Wand don't stop, scramble to gits it hooked up and go go go. No time to rest during take down neither. Carried extra sets of solution and freshy hoses..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You may well laugh, BUT, you try walking around in the tropics with a stiff 2" solution hose!!! :oops:

Ooroo,

:oops:

I have been wearing shorts and tee shirts all week.

I wear shorts until the temp gets into the 20's. If it is cold and windy, I just wear shorts and a jacket.

Would I clean in -10 weather? No thanks.

Why would anyone get their carpet cleaned in that kind of weather when they could do it in warmer months?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
danielc said:
I have been wearing shorts and tee shirts all week.

I wear shorts until the temp gets into the 20's. If it is cold and windy, I just wear shorts and a jacket.

Would I clean in -10 weather? No thanks.

Why would anyone get their carpet cleaned in that kind of weather when they could do it in warmer months?

They book it in advance because of the Holidays. For that very same reason they keep the appointment. Also, it doesn't hurt that I run a killer special in the cold months.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Thanks, your brother Mark sold me a limited license to use it in my area.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I know... I think its great that there are others out there that place such importance on dry times...it has worked well for us as our USP. I hope it works well for you too!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ron Werner said:
but does it? shiteatinggrin

I have done well, truthfully my employee still doesn't get it. I need to either get him another airpath, jet his wand down or both. I also need to work on a better cuff system. As of right now unless I rip the wand out of my helper's hand it is not drying in minutes, unless you count 90 minutes as counting. I am working on it and i give every customer the choice of priority, dry in minutes or as clean as we can get it. By next spring we should have everything worked out. Of I had a dollar for every time I had to tell him it says dries in minutes on the side of our van I wouldn't need a raise.

I know how long it takes for me to get carpets dry.

I have cleaned my own carpet and tested it twice. I used 75' of hose, 500 psi atm, slow dry passes, wet forward and back, one air mover, and the carpet was bone dry in an hour and twenty minutes or basically an hour. Without the fan drying time would take around 8 hours.

I like that concept though. We can get your carpets as clean as possible or we can focus on fast dry times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom