How to convert Powermatic from kero to diesel

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I have used kerosene to run my burner now for ten years and the supplier is NOT selling kero any more. I tried diesel for a few days and it burns so black (the exhaust is black) so I would think something aint right.

Please help if you can.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
adjust the air bands to allow more or less air to drawn
(more I "think" )

the air bands are at/near the junction of pump/motor unit and coil firebox
They look like thin bands of metal (like a band clamp) with long slots cut in them

You'll still get puff of black smoke every time the burner ignites and shuts off .
It's going to STINK

no gas stations in you area have it??
all the Sheets gas stations here carry K-1 year round .
appx 10% of the other gas stations carry it

sure fired way (no pun intended) to have it on hand, is get a 275 gal tank (like farmers or folks with fuel oil furnace use) and the fuel oil distributor deliver kero to your tank

..L.T.A.

John Watson

Back home in Alaska they would run Diesel #1 and Diesel #2 The differance being the amount of parafins. #1 was the winter fuel and more refined like kerosene, #2 would jell in the fuel lines in the freezing weather. See if your new supplier can bring in #1 even buy the 55 gal drum, your machine will heat better less soot and that diesel smell, once you get your burner adjusted

Name
steve snail
Erskine Allin said:
adjust the air bands to allow more or less air to drawn
(more I "think" )

the air bands are at/near the junction of pump/motor unit and coil firebox
They look like thin bands of metal (like a band clamp) with long slots cut in them

You'll still get puff of black smoke every time the burner ignites and shuts off .
It's going to STINK

no gas stations in you area have it??
all the Sheets gas stations here carry K-1 year round .
appx 10% of the other gas stations carry it

sure fired way (no pun intended) to have it on hand, is get a 275 gal tank (like farmers or folks with fuel oil furnace use) and the fuel oil distributor deliver kero to your tank

..L.T.A.

Burn the diesel in my elDiablo for the past year...no black smoke and very little smell. Try replacing the fuel filter and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom