how to get heat in the winter

sdaws4

I have a 16hp tm. In the winter I notice it having a hard time getting warmed up. I’m wondering if an inline heater is the way to go. Do they really take warm water and heat it up to 200? Anyone use one that they are happy with under $400.00

Greenie

If you aren't expecting miracles, a 2400w single cord elec. heater can help, about $400, just sold one today.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I put hot water in my freshwater tank, or I pre-heat the water by running it through my LP heater and back into the water tank. The LP heater works good normally, but it really breathes fire when the water is warm to begin with.

I don't let the water get too terribly hot, though, probably about as hot as a hot shower. I think I read somewhere that pumps will have problems with water over 160.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
sdaws4 said:
I’m wondering if an inline heater is the way to go. Do they really take warm water and heat it up to 200? Anyone use one that they are happy with under $400.00

An inline electric heater will warm up the water to 200 degrees - if you start at about 170. The temperature of the water coming out depends on three things -
1) What was the temperature when the water went into the heater?
2) How much energy (power in watts for an electric heater) does the heater add?
3) How long is the water in the heater? If you have the wand key continually, it simply does not have as much time to heat up the water as compared to someone who does dry strokes, takes time to move furniture or whatever other activity is done without the water flowing.

Our 2,000 watt heater costs about $500. It will add 28 to 30 degrees for most cleaners. It draws 13.5 amps. So it works on any circuit. A 2400 watt heater adds about another 5 degrees, but requires a 20 amp circuit to work on.

Scott Warrington

Greenie

Scott is right on the money.
The best thing about the 2400w Mytee heater is it has 4 separate heater cores, each one has it's own switch, if you have a 20amp circuit avail. (Kitchen, bath, etc..) you run all 4, if not you run 3, and if you get in a crisis and Mrs. Piff is blow drying her hair, cooking a pizza, and doing laudry, you could just run 2 of the 4. 8)

There isn't a better tool for $400, especially on a single cord.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Why not jus run a Truck Mount heat exchanger off the coolant system....FREE.. DEPENDABLE heat?

sdaws4

Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and ordered a 2400w heater. If it will give me an extra 20 degrees atw I’ll be happy. :lol: . Man, I hate hauling hoses through snow

Back
Top Bottom