How to keep cats & Dogs off of the furniture

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I cleaned for a client that had a recurring problem with cats pissing on her furniture.

She bought one of these Scat Mats and it kept them off the couch.

It can also work to limit pets access to rooms without a gate.

It get several clients a month that ask me how to keep pets off of their furniture.

A sale site:

http://www.positive-works.com/petsafe/p ... gwodtmJDAw

YouTube video (there are several on-line):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yLN972L ... re=related

I'm going to buy a few and keep them on the truck for in-home sales.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
"mild correction"

A "mild correction" beat getting rid of your pets. Which most frustrated client want to do after it cost them at least $1000 every time the pet takes a pee.

I touched it myself and it's not that bad (and adjustable).

Anyway it only takes one correction and the pet learns to avoid it.

That is why they also sell dummy mats.

Lora Olson

We have a freakin white LONG HAIR cat...i hate cat fur on my furniture (I don't like cats much either...but she came with the husband!) Anyways...

So here's a much cheaper and safer way to do it...

Buy a roll of the sticky lint remover sheets. Pull a couple off, or a long strip down a couch. Put them on the couch, furniture, whatever, sticky side up!! Cats especially, freakin HATE having stuff stuck to their feet.

So, one day I came home from work and the CAT had three sheets stuck on her.

First thing I did was LAUGH MY ASS OFF...then pulled them off her, and put new one's on the nice chair for a couple more months. It's been over 2 years now, no sticky sheets anymore, and she ain't been on that piece of furniture since.

Cheap and not such a "shocking" experience for the cat!! Don't know how it would work on dogs, but it just might...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have clients ask me how to get their pets to stop _______ing on the _____. I always want to reply; You could try actually taking care of your pet. Why do you want a pet if you can’t spend time with it? OR; Well miss. I would beat the shit out of my dog/cat the first time it did that. Suggesting electroshock therapy probably would not be received more positively by a customer than the suggestions above.

Name
Nate W.
Someone suggested the long clear plastic mats with the spikes on the bottom. Turn it upside down and place it on the furniture you don't want them going on.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
he eats rubber band guns for snacks....that and large cats........

IMG_5218.jpg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If a rubber band hit an eye it could cause quite an expensive vet bill, we use spray bottle filled with water here for correction when we are home.

I would NEVER advocate shock devices for dogs or cats, whether they be mats, collars or invisible fences.

If you don't want a dog or cat on a particular piece of furniture....just train them not to go on it. Yes, it's a bit more time consuming than just shocking them or beating them, but it is much more effective long term and avoids trust and anxiety issues that develop in dogs who are corrected with pain.

Take care,
Lisa

mishi

Hi there,

The only way by which you can keep your pets away from your carpets is training. Give training to your pets since you adopt you pet.

Name
I'm Rick James
Pets are like kids, its not a good idea to support their behavior by still allowing them you urinate on the uph. If they cant be trained, get rid of the animal.

Back
Top Bottom