How to stop competitor from clicking adwords?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
This problem is getting irritable. I am pretty sure a certain competitor is eating my adwords budget up. The hosting company I use claims it doesn't keep a record of the IP's from visitors, so I can't obtain and block their IP.

How do I get their IP so I can block it? They have blocked me from seeing their adwords ad - this is one reason I think this company is the one clicking away.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Your Google places and organic seem to be doing OK.

(Although getting more reviews would help a lot and it sucks on directory listings.)

Why do you need Adwords?

Alexarz

Google is supposed to have a defense mechanism programmed to disallow repetitive clicks from the same IP but there isn't any doubt that most clicks on adwords are illegitimate. It is simply not a good system.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There are programs you can get that change your IP address as many times as you want.
Ask FCC

HEY FRED!!!

I really think he hears me when I do that.

A

amazingcleansc

damn. thats actually pretty smart of him lol. its sick, i wouldn't have ever thought of it.

Ryan

rhino1 said:
This problem is getting irritable. I am pretty sure a certain competitor is eating my adwords budget up. The hosting company I use claims it doesn't keep a record of the IP's from visitors, so I can't obtain and block their IP.

How do I get their IP so I can block it? They have blocked me from seeing their adwords ad - this is one reason I think this company is the one clicking away.

Isn't Lee Stockwell in competition with you?

Just kidding Lee I don't think you would blatantly do that.... again

randy

Name
Randy
You could just post the name of the competitor here on Mikey's board and we could have a contest called CLICK AWAY.

Then you call him up and say, " I have friends in low places, very low. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Google Adwords does say that it keeps the same IP address from counting as a new click with each click but like said. If he has a new IP address each time then it could be a bad thing.

A friend of mine who owns an online business unrelated to CCing said a person out of the country would take her max clicks for the day in about 10 minutes. She couldn't do anything about it.

People fing with your business on the internet should be punishable by death.
Terrorists.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Google has gotten rich off adword manipulation. Why would they "really" stop it?

On the other hand there are a few "carpet cleaners" who deceptively manipulate the system to gain an ADvantage over other legitimate competitors in markets they desire to enter.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Ryan said:
rhino1 said:

Isn't Lee Stockwell in competition with you?

Just kidding Lee I don't think you would blatantly do that.... again

Uh, no... Lee isn't a competitor. Funny that's the 2nd time somebody asked about that. Maybe you know something I don't.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Chris most of our work is in the Paducah-Murray area, with a few commercial accounts nearer you. I doubt we "compete" at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom