How to Video for Greasing the Zerk fitting on the Hydramaster CDS 4.8 ???

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I looked online and can't seem to find anything, and was wondering if someone knows how to grease the "zerk fitting" on the axle under the hood in the engine compartment...Matter of fact is it easily accessible?

I just purchased this unit and I can wait to ask the people who installed the unit, but I am anxious in finding out so I don't have to make continual trips to the shop...

I understand the other fitting is in the doghouse on the other end of the axle...Which seems possibly easier...Again no real how to on removing the dog house as well...

I just purchased the CDS 4.8 w/2016 chevy 4.8 I am pleased so far...Especially with the electric vac hose reel...
IMG_3037.JPG
IMG_3037.JPG

Joe wargo

Name
Joe
Who helped? i don't see any answers. One under hood is a bear. you have to rotate shaft from in the van by hand till it's in a position you can access. sometimes you have to unfasten that wire bundle from the firewall cause it gets in the way. there's one on the other u joint in the van. one on the slip yoke on the driveshaft, and 2 for the pillow block bearings. These are hard as hell to get too as well. i had aeroquip hoses made and threaded them in to the zeros, and run them out under passenger seat.. then all you have to do is pump grease in the hoses for the pillow blocks

Reactions: todg and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2676.PNG

This image is for the pro1200 se you need the grease gun fitting at the bottom of photo and line the above response said there's a few place to grease so keep
Rotating and filling.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You know I complained and got the grease gun fitting but I didn't get the tube of grease!

Says right there in the manual grease included DOAH!

Reactions: Joe wargo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom