How well are your recovery tanks made?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
20140307_142631_zpsecfbf482.jpg

Cleanco TM's don't really make a heavy recovery tank.
I set this one up to run at 14"Hg. The 6" clutch can't take 15 but apparently the recovery tank is only capable of handling 13. Tuned it back down.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I gotta Genie Tank, Thank you Bawb!

The belt will break before the tank collapses : )

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

I would talk to Lou @ Cleanco . .

and show him the pictures of the tank.

We operate @ 17" on our reinforced tanks.

Larry

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
The top of my tank flexes in a bit at 14-15 inches of lift, but it's not too bad and I think the newer hydramasters are reinforced

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
talked to Lorne at Cleanco. Tanks are apparently made of 3/16's Aluminum. Clutches are not meant for anything over 14"Hg. He said with the hose capped off to set the vac relief for 13" :eekk: So they have a Roots 4.7 blower and only run them to 13". Sure miss my CanAm

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've run my blower completely capped off and never hurt the tank. It hardly moves. Thermal wave 5m coming up on 13k. Best machine I've ever owned. It's only weak link is it put the computer at the hottest spot. Just can't take the heat so you have to move it.

gene

Name
Nate W.
talked to Lorne at Cleanco. Tanks are apparently made of 3/16's Aluminum. Clutches are not meant for anything over 14"Hg. He said with the hose capped off to set the vac relief for 13" :eekk: So they have a Roots 4.7 blower and only run them to 13". Sure miss my CanAm

Is this Cleanco yours now? I don't see what's wrong in the picture...

Never mind, I was looking at the fresh water tank...

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I've run my blower completely capped off and never hurt the tank. It hardly moves. Thermal wave 5m coming up on 13k. Best machine I've ever owned. It's only weak link is it put the computer at the hottest spot. Just can't take the heat so you have to move it.

gene

13k hours? WOW, what have you replaced?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Buy a Clutch wit a Warranty then. At 15 the Genie has this Amazing rumble sound : )

Trash Trucks still upset me though!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
maybe the NJ azzhole didn't "set" yor clutch correctly.....
it's an art that many know nothing about!

my clutches last 20 years on complete lock down

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My Genesis tank, SS, doesn't move at all. The lid will draw down onto the horizontal supports at the top of the tank at full vac (14-15) just about a 1/4 inch. Now, my Powermatic had noticable flexing on the lid under full load.

Name
Jesse
My White Magic tanks flex but still handle 16hg+. I did have one crack at the baffle in the middle while running 17.
Our stainless butler & Ace tanks are solid. We just picked up a cds 4.8 and that tank flexes a bit, the lid is super flimsy but it's a 2000 so maybe they improved it.

I bought a Mytee fresh water tank for our porty van and realized we didn't have room. I made it a 2nd waste tank for a tm and 17hg did it like that 55 gallon drum, well not quite as bad but it's dead none the less.

JoeClean

my cleanco developed a split in the same exact location. Also straight down below that hidden by fresh water tank. Not enough cross support.
Had it welded but the welds split open again from the tank flexing. Currently gooped and taped over to stop leaking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom