How would you handle this?

Name
I'm Rick James
I got a call late afternoon yesterday asking if I can clean his house downtown Seattle at 7 am. :shock: He said that was the only time he could do it, so I moved some things around and left my house a little after 6 am, because traffic going into Seattle in the morning is murder.

Its takes me over 45 min to get there (30 miles away), I did call at 6:30am letting him know I was on my way like we arranged. I get there, its an apartment building, his name not on the callbox. I call him, leave a message, called again 20 minutes later and nothing. The job that I moved around to do this stop cancelled(will call me when she has time to do it) on me, because she couldnt keep the new time(She ok'ed it the night before).

I got curious because of the way his voice mail is set up so I googled his phone number and guess who. A low ball hack competitor, whole house starting at $99.

So not only did I waste the fuel, I lost the 2nd job and almost 3 hours out of my day because of some loser competitor.

Should I take the high road or the low, make me feel better road?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Next thing you know some competitor will be posting crappy reviews of your company on search engines.

Let it go.

Name
Nate W.
brent said:
I got a call late afternoon yesterday asking if I can clean his house downtown Seattle at 7 am. :shock: He said that was the only time he could do it, so I moved some things around and left my house a little after 6 am, because traffic going into Seattle in the morning is murder.

Its takes me over 45 min to get there (30 miles away), I did call at 6:30am letting him know I was on my way like we arranged. I get there, its an apartment building, his name not on the callbox. I call him, leave a message, called again 20 minutes later and nothing. The job that I moved around to do this stop cancelled(will call me when she has time to do it) on me, because she couldnt keep the new time(She ok'ed it the night before).

I got curious because of the way his voice mail is set up so I googled his phone number and guess who. A low ball hack competitor, whole house starting at $99.

So not only did I waste the fuel, I lost the 2nd job and almost 3 hours out of my day because of some loser competitor.

The wife of one of the Gambino sons live down the street from my parents. As I was growing up, she'd tell people "Revenge is a dish best served cold". They had pics of all the old time mafia bosses.

Anyhow, you'd most likely run into the prick one day. Do like uncle Bob V. would do, "Nails in the driveway!" :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Nate The Great said:
brent said:

The wife of one of the Gambino sons live down the street from my parents. As I was growing up, she'd tell people "Revenge is a dish best served cold". They had pics of all the old time mafia bosses.

Anyhow, you'd most likely run into the prick one day. Do like uncle Bob V. would do, "Nails in the driveway!" :lol:
DAMN...he stol my thunder.......

do it!
you'll be surprised how great you'll feel!

Name
I'm Rick James
Well Harper, Nate and that guy from Star Trek 6 said it best, "Revenge is a dish best served cold"........ :twisted:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
post his name and number here ...im sure someone would call him at sometime.. times..all the time....

Ryan

cu said:
post his name and number here ...I'm sure someone would call him at sometime.. times..all the time....

Does he offer 24/7 WDR.... I could have some fun with that and google maps.. :shock: :twisted: shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James
Ryan said:
cu said:
post his name and number here ...I'm sure someone would call him at sometime.. times..all the time....

Does he offer 24/7 WDR.... I could have some fun with that and google maps.. :shock: :twisted: shiteatinggrin

No WDR. His current special is get the first sofa cleaned for $45 dollars and the second one is FREE.

Funny thing is when i first talked to him he was asking me what I thought of the lower priced cleaners and why he should use me.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Do him one better.. have a relative, or your own house use him,, let him do the job, then report him to the BBB, give bad reviews and refuse to pay the bill! :roll: That would be just too much fun.. and if he tried to B and S you/ wife/relative. REALLLY GIVe HIM HELL!

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
Do him one better.. have a relative, or your own house use him,, let him do the job, then report him to the BBB, give bad reviews and refuse to pay the bill! :roll: That would be just too much fun.. and if he tried to B and S you/ wife/relative. REALLLY GIVe HIM HELL!

Film the whole process and post it on youtube. :twisted:

Go/or get someone to book a job with him and do the exact same thing he did to you.

Or....

Just get juvenile and prank call him all night long. lmao

Name
I'm Rick James
sweendogg said:

Thats a little to far. I think i am going to have him clean the uph in my house and confront him about it half way through. You ever see a deer in headlights.

topnotchman

man I knew competition in Everett was bad, but geez, they are crazy!! Did you ask how he got your number?
thats not cool, but hopefully it wont happen again anytime soon.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
First thought would be to travel directly to his house and slash all tires and smash windshield. After an hour and drink... I like your idea of inviting him over to clean your couch that "someone shit on" and than confront him after he cleans your shit. That would be funny hahahahhaha.

Name
Nate W.
bensurdi said:
First thought would be to travel directly to his house and slash all tires and smash windshield. After an hour and drink... I like your idea of inviting him over to clean your couch that "someone shit on" and than confront him after he cleans your shit. That would be funny hahahahhaha.

And this whole time I thought you were that competitor........ :lol:

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Nate The Great said:
bensurdi said:

And this whole time I thought you were that competitor........ :lol:

LOL

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just chalk it up to lessons learned, I s'pose. That guy may need a favor from you someday, and I doubt he'll get it.

LeeCory

Someone that would actually do something like that, would do it again.

That guy owes you at least 4 hours of pay. Never let a debt go unpaid.

Letting it go and learning a lesson would be the smartest thing to do. But for the rest of your life you will feel like a putz.

Gank him.... simply go over to his locked vehicle and stick TOOTHPICKS in his door locks and break them off inside. Do it in every single door. Obviously this is the childish response.... and the one that will bring you the greatest satisfaction.

Sit in your van nearby and watch him try and get in his car.

Dirtmonger

Sounds like you have enough evidence to drag him into small claims court. You clearly can identify him via phone records and you can document your mileage and time and lost business. I don't think a judge would approve of his kind of competitive practices. I would think 4 hours @$175/hr plus lost revenues plus hours for court time I would mind asking the courts for $1,500 to $2000. That would sting him while he's cleaning the next 100 couches just to pay you. Just having a supoena served to him would be enough to show you aren't one to f with.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
LeeCory said:
Someone that would actually do something like that, would do it again.

That guy owes you at least 4 hours of pay. Never let a debt go unpaid.

Letting it go and learning a lesson would be the smartest thing to do. But for the rest of your life you will feel like a putz.

Gank him.... simply go over to his locked vehicle and stick TOOTHPICKS in his door locks and break them off inside. Do it in every single door. Obviously this is the childish response.... and the one that will bring you the greatest satisfaction.

Sit in your van nearby and watch him try and get in his car.

Except.. won't work if he has remote entry.. designed to work even if the lock is frozen for exterior access.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Dirtmonger said:
Sounds like you have enough evidence to drag him into small claims court. You clearly can identify him via phone records and you can document your mileage and time and lost business. I don't think a judge would approve of his kind of competitive practices. I would think 4 hours @$175/hr plus lost revenues plus hours for court time I would mind asking the courts for $1,500 to $2000. That would sting him while he's cleaning the next 100 couches just to pay you. Just having a supoena served to him would be enough to show you aren't one to f with.

Mr. Monger has the plan. I have always liked the high road. It is easy and free to file a motion and get a court date for a claim in small claims court. Imagine that wholly crap feeling he gets when he opens that certified letter informing him of his upcoming double date with you and the Judge, priceless!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom