How would you handle

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You have a finished empty basement. A toilet backed up and sewage has wicked 18" on the drywall. The studs are metal.

How would deal with this from start to finish. Lets assume since you're taking on a sewage/hazardous job that you know how to create the proper drying conditions.

Lets hear it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure what you're looking for, but snap a chalk line cut out affected materials, pressure wash and dry down. Use all PPE necessary to protect eye, nose & mouth, hands, body.

Safety for homeowner, erect (I could have said build, but jimmy likes erect) critical barriers, perform removal under neg air. Taking care to avoid cross contamination into unaffected areas.

Could be more than necessary but that would depend upon the situation and the age and health of those living in the home.

What did I miss?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Damn you richard! :p I was waiting for someone to miss the power washing step. MOST law suits dealing with sewage losses are due to that. Most skip that step in the whole process, and under the base plate is 99% of the time the culprit where sewage is left behind. Same with moisture when drying out a structure.

Reason I asked was; considering where I am at today, and who I get to talk to now. There are a big team of lawyers studying up in my area. Luckily they(the lawyers) are friends of the people higher in the food chain then me, and the message was passed to me as well. I hear its happening all over. The restoration portion of our industry is going to change in the next few years in many aspects. So we best keep all our ducks in a row boys!

minuteman

You did not add MicroBan!

I did a job in Lancaster Ca. a few years ago second worst I ever saw, had people living on and in it for a week, had to gut the place and pressure wash to get the crap off the slab and wall base plates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom