How would you respond to this question about urine in a synthetic rug from another carpet cleaner

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey there Mike this is ***** **** with ****** carpet cleaning over in Carson City I have a question dealing with urine in a synthetic area rug I tried soaking the urine staying in osr for about maybe 2 hours and then rinse it out and the urine is still present inside the rug would you recommend soaking the rug overnight? And if so what product would you use I'm using osr from pro's choice

----------------

Let's see if you have the ability to be an instructor

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hey there Mike this is ***** **** with ****** carpet cleaning over in Carson City I have a question dealing with urine in a synthetic area rug I tried soaking the urine staying in osr for about maybe 2 hours and then rinse it out and the urine is still present inside the rug would you recommend soaking the rug overnight? And if so what product would you use I'm using osr from pro's choice

----------------

Old urine leaves behind alkaline salt crystals. In a synthetic rug with a backing, the salt crystals are trapped as in a sandwich between the primary and secondary backings. Rather than osr as your primary treatment, try an acidic urine treatment. The acids will break down the salts. You should rinse with an acidic rinse agent if you are doing a top down treatment. You may have to repeat as when it dries, any salts not dissolved and rinsed away may reform.

Mikey P

Administrator
Old urine leaves behind alkaline salt crystals. In a synthetic rug with a backing, the salt crystals are trapped as in a sandwich between the primary and secondary backings. Rather than osr as your primary treatment, try an acidic urine treatment. The acids will break down the salts. You should rinse with an acidic rinse agent if you are doing a top down treatment. You may have to repeat as when it dries, any salts not dissolved and rinsed away may reform.

Is that your first reply?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Try rinsing before adding any other chemicals.

Then treat with the 2-3ph rinse agent FOR 20-30min

Rinse again

Treat with normal 8-10ph cleaning agent on both sides

Rinse again on both sides. Smell the water in the wand while rinsing until odor is no more

If stain remains, treat with vol40 liquid

Luky

Name
Mario
Hey there Mike this is ***** **** with ****** carpet cleaning over in Carson City I have a question dealing with urine in a synthetic area rug I tried soaking the urine staying in osr for about maybe 2 hours and then rinse it out and the urine is still present inside the rug would you recommend soaking the rug overnight? And if so what product would you use I'm using osr from pro's Choice

----------------

 - Replace the rug
- Get rid of the dog
The chance is that the doggie will revisit the rug regardless of the product or cleaning methods.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
What Dick! Doesn't he know who you are?

possible responses:
1. Sorry im still trying to figure this carpet cleaning stuff out. good luck.

2. Flush with Massive amounts of water until the water runs clear-- then soak in Chems.

Reactions: The Great Oz

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm with LUKY on this. Ask how much they paid for it and to just view it as a disposable rug and to switch out styles. An honest conversation about "Dog piss dynamics" and the advanced theory of "Repeated acts of degradation" over a perceived time. Also give out the conservative estimate of 2 oz per day of "Piss" over a time frame of 30 days and then look on their face as you multiply that over a years time.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Is he saying he smells it or the blacklight is showing the urine. The blacklight will show it after several cleaning and possible for ever depending on the cleaning/rug.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The dude is probably cleaning with a 2 jet 2flow wand at 350psi. Maybe that's the reason he's got problems flushing out that pee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom