how you going to handle glue residue from the <---6ft---> stickers coming up?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We took up 300 stickers in the Union alone. Very little residue. Sprayed a dlimoene product on it and no problems.

One did have issue in the other building with some put on a wood bench but it was more the custodians fault. He just pulled them off, taking off the finish and then called me to tell me.

We used a heat gun, warmed them up and they peeled right off the wood, no issues.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Money is not an issue here. Stickers and tape are gone along with the residue because they’re replacing the floors. Old vct is getting replaced
with carpet tiles or laminate or rubber. This is in
all my schools. Lots of money flowing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Had he heated up the sticker she would have peeled off fine. It was the only casualty of war.

20210517_094051.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm just straight up turning down the tape residue jobs. I've done them before and they suck. There is a guy in town (Preferred Carpet Care) that is advertising that he will do it. So I'll just refer these dream jobs to him.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I did it on commercial carpet. No residue left behind.

Attachments

• IMG_9090.MOV
    119.4 MB

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
how long ago was that done, Eli?

I'd be curious to see what it looks like after a month of traffic

.L.T.A.
It has been about half a month, and so far, so good. I touched it after it being dried to see if there was any residue. I'll be back next quarter to see how if it ever came back. It's not that hard to remove.

JimTrace

Name
Jim Sheffer
This is the question that brought me here. While I believe d’limonene will do the job I’m apprehensive to leave the “cleaner than the rest of the carpet streak” down the middle of the school hall carpet. School has warm water and uses everyday cleaners as pre-spray. The machine is an EDIC private label portable. I believe the results will be predictable

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

Here is where one was. Not sticky and hasn't resoiled in the last month. Still doing good so far. Although it did kinda crush the fibers down, hopefully it lifts back up with vacuuming and cleaning.

View attachment 108942
If you wore gum bottom shoes you could just kick it up instead of just leaving it there for everyone to see and passing the buck to the cleaner.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you wore gum bottom shoes you could just kick it up instead of just leaving it there for everyone to see and passing the buck to the cleaner.
Wouldn't I stick to the tile occasionally? We thousands of feet of tile, I'd think it might lock down now and then on the smooth surface. ???

Besides its Summer, July slows down and they mostly clean preparing for events in August.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

steve_64

Wouldn't I stick to the tile occasionally? We thousands of feet of tile, I'd think it might lock down now and then on the smooth surface. ???

Besides its Summer, July slows down and they mostly clean preparing for events in August.
You won't slip as easily on wet tile neither. They also remove black skid marks the best. On the floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom