How you know when you’re in the top 3%

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When it’s just a waste of time trying to fix a tenant’s bad habits

3A903297-C895-4E5A-A3DF-F6C6F92A9B79.jpeg BF73A792-2A96-4F62-BB0B-E252DB1C4254.jpeg

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Lol.. nasty stains.. what was those?

Was that just prevacuum?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
why are these people calling you?
Because I’m the chosen cleaner their landlord uses. The tenant was the customer this time. They were getting new/cheap furniture delivered tomorrow and they wanted it clean. I told them up front that red removal isn’t included in my $150/minimum

• Wow
Reactions: Chandler Thompson

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
it looks like rainbow sherbert.. who would invest $150 in that carpet?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Lol.. nasty stains.. what was those?

Was that just prevacuum?
Nope, that was the finished product of me not wasting time on red removal, knowing that most if not all of those were a previous failed attempt, which locked the stain in

Name
Jeff T
Had one similar last year. They repainted the entire place. There was probably 150-175 paint spots.. they thought because it was latex, they would ‘just come out with the cleaning ‘....
Face palm....

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
i dont know the last time ive seen one with that much koolaid
theres craigslist bums that will install smart strand for 1.60 psf here

thats over $14/yd

for basic poly and nylon we're $10/yd for Removal and install. doesnt include delivery and disposal.

other guys around here easily $2-3/yd. they include delivery and disposal for that.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
theres craigslist bums that will install smart strand for 1.60 psf here
That was just one room that I cleaned on that job. It was a 2bedroom apartment with staircase. The property manager told me they spend around $900 per apartment to replace

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
4 or 5 packs of red koolaid in a pump up sprayer and you can even that out nicely.

A millenia ago, in the age before red dye remover, a customer of mine noticed that the bedroom carpet in a home he was cleaning was an ugly red color, and that it looked blotchy.

You likely know the rest of the story already.....

The home owner had spilled koolaid on the carpet, and had been told by cleaners that the stain was permanent. So, in frustration and a bit of inventiveness, she simply mixed up more koolaid and spilled it all over the carpet until it was somewhat even.

To her credit, she used the unsweetened stuff, anticipating the issue with sticky sugar.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
A millenia ago, in the age before red dye remover, a customer of mine noticed that the bedroom carpet in a home he was cleaning was an ugly red color, and that it looked blotchy.

You likely know the rest of the story already.....

The home owner had spilled koolaid on the carpet, and had been told by cleaners that the stain was permanent. So, in frustration and a bit of inventiveness, she simply mixed up more koolaid and spilled it all over the carpet until it was somewhat even.

To her credit, she used the unsweetened stuff, anticipating the issue with sticky sugar.
Great. Now thousands of carpet cleaning experts across the fruited plain are going to start doing this as an add on. Available in strawberry, boysenberry, orange and tropical punch.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
try running a healthy dose of sodium percarbonate in your hydro force and ammonia in your rinse
The ammonia in the rinse would be diluted too much to have any effect on the red stain. It would just stink out the house more than make the red turn clear. And the time to activate the ammonia and peroxide combination is 15-20 seconds. The wand is moving faster than that over a spot

Reactions: Chandler Thompson

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
The ammonia in the rinse would be diluted too much to have any effect on the red stain. It would just stink out the house more than make the red turn clear. And the time to activate the ammonia and peroxide combination is 15-20 seconds. The wand is moving faster than that over a spot
and you'd be wrong

steve_64

Its polyester just slow down on the spots. Most of what I see like that rinses out. No not all but a lot does.
Those stains are obviously set.
red stains like that??:headscratch:

unless all your custys are red winehEDs exclusively, I ain't buying it

View attachment 89580

.L.T.A.
Its polyester not nylon. Rentals are over half my work. Red stains are a common issue and they are not red wine drinkers.
I get that the stains have probably been set by c usty. And they don't want to pay for removal.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
i dont know the last time ive seen one with that much koolaid

thats over $14/yd

for basic poly and nylon we're $10/yd for Removal and install. doesnt include delivery and disposal.

other guys around here easily $2-3/yd. they include delivery and disposal for that.
1.60 includes removal, and install with pad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom