Hulk Green

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I don't understand a few of the replies, but a dark green spot that appears after cleaning is likely some type of dry particle that dissolved and bled out as the carpet dried. Colored pencil tip, granulated plant food...

Get the particle out (keep as evidence) and you may be able to remove the dye without resorting to bleach.

Reactions: -JB- and J Scott W
Name
Lee Stockwell
Ya think lee quickly read it and his brain said nail polish?

So a spot appeared after cleaning?
After extracting a layer of DIRT sometimes underlying spots are uncovered (discovered). Acetone removes several ink, paint, or similar colorants beside nail polish.

Cheap. Works.

Becker

Name
Becker
I agree with Bryan. Hulk green exposed from under dirt. Damn. That would have to be once dirty carpet.

My 1st thought was to ask if the spot is Any where near a ink jet printer.

Question. Though. Did you see the spot before you left. Or did the client call?

If you saw it. Sucks you need to make a return visit. What did ya try on it while you where there?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have seen dried flower wreaths that were painted cause that type of staining. We also had one that was caused by a donut with sprinkles on a cheap berber.

As someone above stated, there will probably be evidence of what caused it in the very center of the stain. On those, I like to take it out and place it in the fold of a piece of white paper or paper towel to be able to show the customer.

They are usually easy enough to correct. The method depends on the fiber type and the staining material.

Becker

Name
Becker
If you think painting your nails will impress the client. And you like using nail polish then sure I guess. The only time I ever used nail Polish was to paint some lures. Seems this hot pink was the ticket. And the fishing stores where completely out of that color in the spoon size that worked best. Just don't where green or they might think the spot came from you.

I'd start with rinsing. Then proceed with the typical spot removers based on what I saw.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom