Hurricane

Name
R.J. Povio
We have a Hurricane. It has about 8000 hrs on it. We bought it new. The machine is pretty simple. The heat exchanger will crack! The factory one sucks. We bought a retro fit one from Johns Custom Machine Shop. His is made of pure thicker stainless steel. Ive had that heat ex. for about 5000 hrs and no problems with that. Cost 1000 bucks or so for a new heat ex. The blower is a sutorbuilt.....pump is a hypro 2500 psi pump....engine is 18hp Kohler. I litterally have replaced every thing on that machine except the base. The company went out of business about 8 months after we bought our machine 2003 or so. I have not had a problem getting any parts for this machine. All the parts are interchangeable with other TM's. The heat DOES NOT hold real good heat. It will get to 210 degrees but drop to 130-160 fast! It has decent vacuum. Its a great backup, Good for smaller hose runs, I clean tile with it. I take our BlueLine to clean really dirty restaurants. If there is anything else you want to know let me know. I can tell you anything!!! lol. Private message me if you need to.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Chris at the cleaners depot had some repo units.. i think they were masters touch 3000 or something.. He has a few cheap used and new ones in stock.. he has a new tcs they have had in stock forever you can probably get cheap

randy

Name
Randy
I HAD ONE AND WOULD SAY run, NO FASTER !!!

SERIOUSLY FLAWED DESIGN: Way too long of belt runs, lousy low capacity tank design, if it has the 500 psi plastic hypro pump (it's disposable) at 300-500 hours, the hose reel is for vac hose only.

However if you get it for next to nothing, add propane heater & a decent pump it could do well for you. It it has the 2500 psi hypro then it may be upgraded already.

T

The Magician

Newman said:
742 hours and it is at least 6 yrs old? It did alot of sitting around. $6000 seems steep for that rig.
Your right sitting too long. Run from it Hx too close to belts. Belt problems

Name
R.J. Povio
We do have belt problems. Every 200-400 hrs they need to be replaced. The belts are too long. The pump is a 2500 psi Hypro. I am putting my 3rd one in right now in 8000 hrs. They last 2500 to 3000 hrs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom