HVAC settings after HWE in closed office

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
What thermostat settings would be best to recommended to any retail/office clients after a HWE cleaning when the location must be secured immediately following the cleaning, where no windows can be left open, and the HVAC system will be the only source of ventilation?

I usually recommend the "ON" fan setting, as opposed to "AUTO", to keep things moving.

Do you suggest that the thermostat be set a little warmer than normal to speed drying, or should room temp be adequate??

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I suggest:

In the warmer seasons, when the unit is cooling, leave the temp setpoint cool. In cooling mode the unit pulls moisture out of the air like a dehum.

In the cooler seasons, when the unit is heating, the setpoint should be set a little warmer, heat helps drying, since no condensate is pulled out of the air in heating mode.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
A few degrees cooler than what the room tenp is.

My understanding is as long as the AC is kicking. ( not jus the fan), the condenser is pulling moisture out.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I agree with Dan and Chris. Like you said, the first thing to do is put the fan on auto. IF you have access to the thermostat I say go 65 in the summer and 75 in the winter. Your main goal is simply to keep the hvac system running. The hard part is always finding someone with access to the thermostat. Nights that stay between 60-80 degrees make it difficult to keep the system running. Lots of people who think their systems run all night have no idea that it's on a schedule and only cuts on with extreme temperature fluctuations.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The only problems we've run into is when the system is scheduled to shut down after hours. Otherwise we leave the settings alone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom