HWE vs. EncapSOLUTION

Name
Eric Valentine
Ron Werner said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUokpS2GGo&NR=1

Now if the steam cleaning had all that wicking, as shown by the final padding, then how much got left in the "bonnet only" cleaning. The final padding on the bonnet side of course wouldn't show much soil as it didn't cause wicking, doens't mean the soil has been removed.
Could it be that the padded side was done originally with a dry bonnet? And the fact that the 2nd pass on the bonnet side would be on virtually dry carpet.

Where did they put the bonnet from the padded side for the 2nd pass? The demo would have more credibility if the original bonnet would have been left in view of the camera.

Clark

HWE

I watched the video and if I did not have 22 years with all these systems I would buy it. I have built and done the entire R&D on HWE and padding equipment. I can conclude that this video is BULL SHIT. I have found that HWE will remove very large amounts soil and contaminants that no other system can. But it is not possible to pull all the, now wet, soil through the carpet. More on CGD than residential. A mud pie is left on the concrete. I have seen this in every test, in every application I have every done. We use HWE to remove the soil and padding to maintain the appearance. When we HWE we do not worry about the wicking. 2 of 3 days later we pad. But these are stores we clean once or twice a month. They pay us for the appearance of the store.

There are 2 reasons there is no color on the pad. First: The polymer in the cleaner has refracted the light. So the dirt on the pad can not be seen easily. Second: The pad is polyester and the polymer is plastic. No surface tension and no adhesion to pad. This would not happen with some % of cotton in the pad. The surfactant in the HWE side created surface tension and bonded with soil and with the pad.

Mark Azevedo

Stupid video who would name a company xerion sounds like a sci fi movie whom is there market? And I am an op/ rotary guy ,I dont like to blow 2o gals of water in anyones carpet but some of yo hwe guys are good

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Was it a truck mount or a low powered portable used?

What was in the hwe prespray? Water?

Was it rinsed with just water?

HACKish wand techniques used.

POS wand used.

The HWE side didn't even LOOK like it had been cleaned when he was even cleaning it!

UNBELIEVABLE!

There are NO magic bullets like Xerion wants you to believe.

OVERPRICED too.

Neil

That looks like a synthetic bonnet to me. That carpet must have been very dirty to get that much soil with it. I would estimate 2-3 more passes with cotton pads to get all the soil out. I don't think the HWE person knew what he was doing. Also the video is sped up so it's hard to tell how fast he is moving the wand. The rotary was not being moved properly either.

GRHeacock

I agree the video was bogus. Or if that is really their method on all jobs, it falls into the hack class.

The guy putting down the pre-spray on the bonneted side could not have applied more than a pint or two.

It takes "X" amount of water and detergent to remove "X" amount of soils.

The more soils present needs more detergent and water.

A cotton bonnet will remove more soils than a synthetic bonnet.

And proper operation of the roto is making ovals that overlap, not side to side in a swinging manner.

Gary

Al

fullabologna1.jpg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The founder of Xerion is my ex-father-in-law and I'm VERY familiar with the product. The technique is totally different than traditional bonnet or pad cleaning. The name means "dry" in Latin, that's why he picked it.

It's great for what it's for...large commercial maintenance. it is also great for commercial upholstery. very high production rates, extremely low cost per s/f (the juice is expensive, but you use very little), excellent appearance improvement, no wicking or resoil.

It requires very specific equipment and technique, without even one of these pieces of equipment it's useless.

-300 rpm rotary, no a 175 will NOT work
-DRY, thin, synthetic bonnets
-fine mist sprayer (pepsi sprayer with a fine cone tip worked well)
-The key is knowing how to use it, it's not hard, but it's different than rotary or pad.

I often used the Xerion product as an emulsifier, or in the early days I would mix it with Formula 90 for a pre-spray that kicked butt. Of course it was not meant as a HWE chem, but it served the purpose well.

One plus, it was odorless, non-allergenic and non-toxic...and it dried completely within 10 minutes, often less with a huge appearance improvement. Retail facilities loved it.

Areas it did not do well in: Heavy grease, heavy soil loaded carpets, cut pile.

Great for maintenance of large commercial and retail though. I would use it again in a heartbeat in the right application. I carried it on my truck alongside the TM. More tools means better choices for each situation.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom