Hydra hoe

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I used one today that a guy has for sale. Love the spray pattern and how light it was. I have a 45 blower and the 1.5 tube made it seem like I was cleaning with my ninja. How do you lose so much suction? ran 2' up to the wand. Was going to buy it for a back up and sell my pc quad.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You have to remember the Hydrahoe and UT40 (40" stair tool) were introduced nearly 35 years ago. At the time there were no others close.

The lowly wand has been slow to evolve into the 21st Century...but it's coming.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have one too. It's in the bone yard, valve looks like its shot. Pulled it down when Ofer was talking about how nice they were. :confusedd:

Ofer & his Hydra Hoe can go stand with Jimmy & his Castex in the corner.
They were the shit in the 70's but not so much now........ummm the wands......not the fellas. The fellas....WELLL...... :p

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The pc Titanium is my every day wand now. I keep the pc quad on the truck as a back up. The quad is heavy and hurts my elbow now. The hoe would be a back up. Why does it lose so much suction? My stair tool has a lead hose longer than the wand and It's loud when I hook it up. This thing sound like I'm sucking through a straw. I love not having any jet marks on the carpet.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Back in the 70's and early 80's we only sold Prochem truck mounts, and they only provided a two inch three jet wand that was as heavy as a lead pipe. If any Hydramaster guy tried it on a demo, he'd refuse to make a second pass.

I often had to beg my friendly Hydramaster competitor, Bob Langley, to sell me a Hydrahoe to go with the Prochem unit I wanted to sell.

We have one or two customers who still prefer that wand, but they are second or third generation Hydramaster users who have never had anything else.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have one too. It's in the bone yard, valve looks like its shot. Pulled it down when Ofer was talking about how nice they were. :confusedd:

Ofer & his Hydra Hoe can go stand with Jimmy & his Castex in the corner. .

Where's that corner Richard? I've been looking for it for a long time. Should I bring my favorite upholstery tool too?
Jimmy scares me though. I want guarantees :winky:

If you'd had read my post from beginning to end (hah! imagine that Rich.) you'd have noticed that I use the ProChem Ti wand.

I am using the PC titanium. But the Hydra hoe is a very good wand. Not sure that the heat drops that much due to volume and the droplets size are much bigger with the Hydra. Did you actually ever measure at the carpet?
Be frank with yourself Richard- You just like new toys :winky:
Doesn't Bob have a support room for that?
Though I don't use it any longer, My Hydrahoe wand, has been the most dependable trouble free one by far.
For durability and reliability, nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to the HydraHoe.

I still stand by what I said: The Hydra Hoe is a hard working dependable beast.
Is it the best? No. That's why I am using the Ti.

Still a very dependable wand that can work well for back up and will always work when you actually need it. With close to zero maintenance.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I read it and remember but just hate to leave you out of the fun. :biggrin:

As far as guarantees ...... I guarantee you won't like jImMy'S lectro cobb experiments. :eekk:

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Any one like me who loves there Hydra Hoe Wand I Bet they have the old one. The new one is crap. The old one has a 11in head and a longer tube. New has a 12in head and a shorter tube. The shorter tube and bigger head make it unusable. I think it is about a 3in difference and it makes all the difference in the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom