Hydra master 4.8 Salsa

F

FB7777

Interested in the good bad and ugly from AcTUal owners of these units

Space is a big plus.

Not thrilled with the 110 waste tank , what APO do guys use?

Water cradle looks like a big space saver

Thoughts?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had one...it was a good machine...it had its hiccups just like everything else out there.......
mine had the APO that came with the machine...it ran off the blower belt

...LOTS of proprietary parts on that one......

don't look for killer heat...you might hit 220 at the machine..but it struggles to hold it.............

100_3270.jpg

100_3273_zps0fb4f4b7.jpg

5_zpsa0575c73.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FB7777

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The good, less maintnance than slide ins. Good more room than slide ins. Good if your sending employees to do cleaning for you because of the absolute ease of using the machine.

bad, uses more fuel than a slide in. Bad does not get as hot.

I like the units, I think that they are very reliable machines with good performance. The extra room in the van is awesome. people have put 8-10k hours on the unit with the original van engine so they must not put too much extra wear on it. Also the units for performance wise are lighter than a slide in with the same specs (aside from heat)

Steve T

Name
Steve Trosky
I have a 2010 w/ 1500hrs on it ( I'm not a high volume type cleaner ) with no problems so far. Yearly oil changes and inline filters is all I've done for maintenance. As for heat, I get around 230-235 at the machine in the summer. Plenty of space in the back for all your tools and toys... I have shelving on both sides, air movers, a 175, 360i, vacuum, hoses and still room available.
The only issue I had is the waste tank stainless steel mesh filter basket.. PITA to clean....So I removed it and went w/ an external type inline filter which I find so much easier.
I actually purchased the unit in a neighboring town of yours...I'm sure you know who I'm refering to...but I would not recommend them...long story.

F

FB7777

Hey Steve,

I remember talking to you when you were comparing 4.8 and Butler. I actually went over to the distributor and saw your truck layout when it was installed. The space in the back was nice!

Not at all surprised you had problems with them, however

Chris A

Name
Chris
2009 with 3800 hours. The powdercoating is flaking off the waste tank lid and the color is starting to fade on the tanks (mine is red). I've had no issues with the machine, I get 200 atm in the winter, 230 on the hottest of summer days on a 09 flow ti wand with a heavy trigger finger

Back
Top Bottom