Hydracide, ph, and long dry times

mozilla700

Name
Steve
I have been using hydracide as a deodorizer for a couple months now. It seems to kill odors quite well. However, inexplicably I have been getting complaints about long dry times and maybe some browning ph issues which I haven't had a problem with before. I have to wonder if the Hydracide is the problem since my equipment seems to be working fine. I do know that ph shifts will impede carpets from drying properly. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I have been filling my hydraforce sprayer 1/4 full with hydracide and going the rest of the way with water. I am doing this correctly, right?

FredC

Village Idiot
I could be wrong....but I really doubt the hydrocide has anything to do with it. Likely a coincidence.

What else have you changed recently? Up the pressure? Changed jets? Have you checked for things that could decrease vacuum performance...like clogged waste tank filter/basket, clogged wand manifold/glide, vac relief, etc? Are you spraying heavier than normal attempting to deodorize?

PS..nice truck
46707437_scaled_304x228.jpg

Last edited:

mozilla700

Name
Steve
Well thanks. I have been doing this for 20 years and I am extracting the same as I always have before. It is true that I spray the carpet thoroughly with the hydracide. The machine is working just like it should, vaccuum, wand, etc. So, I'm at my wits end. It does seem to only happen after I have used the hydracide, though. So, I am drawing a connection.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
using a hydraforce will put a lot of moisture in the carpet. When it is needed I let the customer know that pairing agent deodorizers will add dry time to the carpet and I focus the treatment on areas that need it.

browning of the tips could be a natural effect of long dry times and wicking.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If its really bugging you, and you really think it's the Hydrocide, you should consider setting up a controlled test yourself, somewhere that you have extended access to.
2 rooms....one with HC..one without.

Use a moisture meter and obtain factual numbers to support, or debunk your theory.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't know if this applies to Hydrocide , but a chemist demonstrated to us that some chems can actually attract moisture from from the air.
Desiccant packs are one that's obvious , but this was related specifically to CCing chems

to find out for yourself, put some chem in dishes and let them evaporate .
see how long they take to evaporate ...some will evap sooner than others

pour some Prochem All Fiber rinse in a dish...it'll take FOREVER to evap..I'm told it's due to attracting moisture out of the air

i don't know, "maybe"?? Hydrocide has the same properties ??

i don't know that it has anything to do with PH though

..L.T.A.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
My thoughts are that more than likely it is because your spraying it down with the hydroforce. When I apply Scothgard with the HF my dry times easily double/triple even at 200 psi. With that being said I also think that the chemical nature may also be decreasing dry times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom