hydramaster 318?

Supersucker

I believe it is a revision of the Spitfire 3.2, same motor/blower/pump. Probably some improvements in heat exchangers and controls.
People do seem to like the other boxxers whereas the spitfires have been dissed.

TimP

I don't have one. But I believe it has the same drive system as the rest of the boxxers. Pretty much the same as the spitfire like above with that being the main difference.....oh and of course the color.

Glynn

Larger engine and larger blower and tri lobe , more heat, last step chem inj.
In other words a completely different beast to the spitfire.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
For it's size it is a great machine. I just got one on my floor the other day, hooked it up and fired it and to be honest it did surprise me with it's performance! 18 HP Briggs motor, Tuthill 3006 blower, 3.5 gpm hydrapump and last step chem injection. It's a good single wand machine for a very low price.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I heard that Hydramaster R & D had to "detune" it because the original prototype worked so well they were afraid, given its pricepoint, no one would want the 421.

It's a great entry level machine. Throw 2 1/2" hose and a Bayco valve and you'd swear you had a 47 blower or better on it.

Rex Tyus

MicahR said:
I heard that they actually had to "detune" it because the original prototype worked so well they were afraid, given its pricepoint, no one would want the 421.

If that is true they deserve all the bad things I ever said about Hydramaster. Makes me want to trade my drimaster in on .....well something. :evil: :evil:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Whats the price on the 318 vs the 421? The 45 is a more stout blower but the 36 gives similar cfm 325 vs 275. I like the 421 but I will stick to my paid for hackmounts. :shock:

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The 318 is around $10,800 standard with an available upgrade to a 70 gal waste tank for a little more. The 421 is around $15,000 give or take a few bucks.

The Preacher

the one that was on demo at Connections FLA never got above 185. more like 165 at that was with hot FLA tapwater!

Steve P did say if ya let it run for a while it would get hot, but at $4 a gal it wouldn't be worth it!

i'd say Doodaddys new HE TM will be it's main compitition if he ever really builds one!!! :shock:

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The results I've had from running it were right around 200 degrees which keeps it comparable to the Legend but at a slightly smaller size.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
If that is true they deserve all the bad things I ever said about Hydramaster. Makes me want to trade my drimaster in on .....well something. :evil: :evil:

Why? Because, they want to put a machine out at a certain pricepoint? It's like the Platinum, Gold, and Silver carpet cleaning packages. Would you offer the same level of cleaning or perks for the silver and gold packages? Nope. Then no one would want to buy your higher priced gold package only the silver. So you offer protector with the gold package and with the silver you don't.

Same thing with the machines.

Greenie

I ain't beating up HM, it is what it is, a disposable entry level machine, and it appears to be at an excellent price point, but don't kid yourself for a second, an 18hp heat exchange is what it is, you don't buy a machine that size for it's high heat, it's targeted at upgrading porty guys, and more power to em' for that.

Rex Tyus

MicahR said:

Why? Because, they want to put a machine out at a certain pricepoint? It's like the Platinum, Gold, and Silver carpet cleaning packages. Would you offer the same level of cleaning or perks for the silver and gold packages? Nope. Then no one would want to buy your higher priced gold package only the silver. So you offer protector with the gold package and with the silver you don't.

Same thing with the machines.

No. The fact that they purposefully reduce the performance of a machine because it is too good. The market will determine if that was intelligent or not. If they don't want to maximize the performance of their units that is of course their right. However their competition will more than likely benefit.

Your comparason is so erroneous I don't even know how to respond. Other than protector has an additional cost to the provider like a freshwater tank on a system. Tuning down a machine vs allowing it to perform at capacity is NOT the same thing. No additional cost would be incurred.

If I had the ability to provide my customers with a "GOLD PACKAGE" with no additional cost to ME. I would absolutely do it and let my competitors try and figure out how.

I realize you said this was a something you "heard". Which leads me to think it may or not be completely accurate. My response was mostly in jest. Yet, if they did tune it down simply because it performed to well I think that a mistake. And as stated above I am sure some other manufacturer will capitalize on it.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I'm guessing they had to do something in the R & D stage, such as putting on a different heat exchanger or something similar.

I just wanted to make the point that HM did a good job putting out an excellent entry level machine.

As Greenie pointed out it's a step up for portable guys or guys working on a strict budget and new to the biz.

I'm glad to have it available to my custy's that can benefit from it.

nuff said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom