Hydramaster 427 2000 hrs

Becker

Name
Becker
Machine. Reel. Hose. Chem rack wand and mics crap.

What are we looking at for a value. Besides what one would pay?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Are you looking to buy one? They are very problematic machines, the engine is no longer made so if you need parts, they are hard to find. The head gaskets are known to blow because of the design of the machine.
I have one that has 4800 hours and I just replaced my engine a few hundred hours ago. It is a good machine when it is running,

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We have a lancer with a new blower the boys in the shop are about done with TW is asking 7k with 100' vac/sol hose and new wand. The thing is gorgeous even prettier the. The blue one we just sold. This one is black and teal. I'll take pictures Monday. Also have a javelin and a blue line thermal wave 2 that hopefully will be ready In a couple of weeks or sooner if we have a interested party. Plus a blazer and 3 steam ways and the steam action.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Any substitute motor?

Yes considering a purchase.

If I can get it for a super price.

They have a 31 hp air cooled engine to replace it. I looked into it about 6 months ago and I think it will run you about 3k for the engine an an adapter kit.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Tim is right, there is a plug and play motor that will run you about $3500. Solid machines with the new motor. We've done a few swaps so far. I'd offer maybe around 6-7k if it all is in good shape.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I have 3 friends in Phoenix area who have or had them. First friend had catastrophic engine failure at about 1500hours and then the blower siezed at 1800 hours. Second friend has been through 2 engines and 1 blower second blower is on its death bed. and since Hydramaster was so kind as to make this a blower that can only be purchased through Hydramaster it is a 3500 part each time. 3rd friend was telling me how great of a machine it was and I told him about other 2 friends and 3 weeks later his blower seized. Personally I would never suggest a 427.

Becker

Name
Becker
Boy, I'm starting to understand why it might be for sale.

Between a blower and engine the thing should be free.

Glynn

The biggest problem with the 427's was as we all know the engine and in that the heads warping.
I cured ours by skimming the heads also making double sure the block was flat, fit new gaskets etc and, heres the main bit,
remove the engine thermostat, this will cause the engine to run cooler and alter the max throttle setting from 3200rpm to 2750.
Never had a problem since.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Did HM choke the blower exhaust down by running it through the hx or something? I have saw direct drives with 10k hours on the original blower and cant for the life of me understand why they would be burning out blowers like that. Then again you get an over ambitious cleaner who is trying to run a machine beyond its capabilities and who fails to do anykind of maintenance I could see it

Becker

Name
Becker
A very reliable source in the Jondon network. We will call him joe, put the fear of god into me with regards to this machine.

Dang. Thought I found a great did. He echoed the engine and blower issues.

I feel like I saved money not buying it.

Back
Top Bottom