Hydramaster 427

MAREK

Hello all I am a fairly new CC The guy i took over for has a boxxer 427. i am having trouble with the battery staying charged. I am a mechanic by trade and finding the supply co troubling to work with. The mechanic from the supply co says there is a trip switch for the battery charging system. I can't find it!! and the battery charge still going down. Help if anyone has and ideas or same issues let me know. Thanks!!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
There is no trip switch on a 427 that I'm aware of. Check to see if there is power going to the voltage regulator on the right side of the motor. If it's not staying charged it would be the battery( if it's not holding a charge), voltage regulator or stator assembly. More than likely one of the the last two.

MAREK

The thing is with this model they did not put an alternator on the machine it uses some other kind of device which i cannot find either.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The charging system on a 427 consists of a battery(easy to locate), a voltage regulator(found on the right hand side of the motor) and a stator assembly(found underneath the flywheel). I just talked to my HM guy and he said any 427 made from 2002 to 2006 has a trip switch found inline with the red wire coming frrom the voltage regulator. Follow the red wire from the reg and you should find it if it's there.

MAREK

I did not find any trip switch but i did find the regulator and unplugged it someone seems have to put a circuit fuse in it 30a so i changed it with a 25a and seems to be charging now!! thanks for the help and advise!!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Great of you to do Chris.

I hope the local distributor who couldn't communicate that to Mark sees your post and how to advise a customer in need.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom