Hydramaster 427

P

Phoenix Phil

Has the 427 been discontinued by Hydramaster? Any known problems with it?

I have heard issues with overheating of the engine and problems with the coupler.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I bought a used one with 600 hours and I think it has 1,400 now. The pump is really hard to get to. We were playing around with some fuses and caused an $1,100.00 repair. there is a lot of electrical crap in it. I have not had any of the problems you mention though but mine has a belt not coupler. It's got much more vac then the 421 I had previously.

Albert

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Had issues with the exhaust pipes overheating and shortening the belt life. The belt should be green in color and the exhaust should have been updated. I didn't have a coupler issue but did have blower problem. Blower was out of time when I bought it. Blower was replaced. I traded it in. The guy that bought it had to replace the blower down the line.

Albert, how many belts does your machine have? Should have a water pump belt and a coupler that drives the blower?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Mine has a belt to drive the cat pump and 2 belts that run the blower. It's a roots blower. Come to think of it I believe it's the Tuthills that have the coupler.

Albert

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
With all of those goodies included that is a pretty fair deal but I would deffinitely offer less to see if you can talk him down. Good setup for sure.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Unless the guys is about to lose his home I don't see him taking less. I would advise him to ask for more even with my negative feelings towards the 427. His price is more then fair and if the economy was slightly better it would have been snapped up QUICK. offering 18k would be insulting and offering 17.5 would put you in the "do not answer this jackass's phone call again" category (not that I am calling you a jackass) If you want to make a lower offer just because then offer 21.5

TimP

I can tell you I'd just about would love to trade setups....

It's definitely worth the cost since it's only 300 hours. And 127k on the van leaves plenty of use. You'll make your money back fast and if the van craps out find another cheap one and move the equipment. I'd be all over it.....

Or you can buy mine but it don't look that good either. 2006 HM CDS 4.8 salsa in a 2007 express 1 ton extended. 28,000 miles and 1500 hours. Has the liner and regular interior kit......85 gal fresh tank, 250' reels, electric vac. It's supposed to be worth around $25,000+ next September/October when it's paid for.

P

Phoenix Phil

Thanks for the input all.

I believe the 427 isn't being made in 2011 so I'm just thinking about that.

Also thinking about a Judson or Accelerated Cleaning machines.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have never ran one, so take that for what its worth, but I have never heard of anyone having good things to say about any HM machine after they have owned it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have never ran one, so take that for what its worth, but I have never heard of anyone having good things to say about any HM machine after they have owned it.

So they became the largest truckmount builder in the world without ever having a repeat customer? :roll:

topnotchman

The Great Oz said:

So they became the largest truckmount builder in the world without ever having a repeat customer? :roll:

yeah, I love both my CDS's. I have heard of people having some issues with the 427's though. My dist. told me to go with the 421 or the new Titan line up.

TimP

topnotchman said:
The Great Oz said:

yeah, I love both my CDS's. I have heard of people having some issues with the 427's though. My dist. told me to go with the 421 or the new Titan line up.

When I was getting my TM being new to the biz. They didn't want to sell me the 427. They should of sold me on the HM Max. Don't get me wrong the cds is a good machine, I'm just not thrilled with the performance.

G

I've been running a 427 for 2 years. I bring it in for regular scheduled maintenance. The Interlink guys always tell me, the one's they see blow up, break etc.. are the sloppy Joes who never maintain it, never lube the blower etc.. Maintenance I hear from these guys is almost non existent with the average carpet cleaner coming in with a busted TM.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I've been very happy with HM. I have owned 2 of them and would buy another. I have the 421 now, not the 427. I went with the smaller machine because it seem like it would be more dependable. It has.

Ryan

The Great Oz said:

If you own a Chemdry franchise the only truckmount available to you is a HM. That and some great advertising is most likely what made them the largest manufacture or TM's in the world.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I bought a used one with 600 hours and I think it has 1,400 now. The pump is really hard to get to. We were playing around with some fuses and caused an $1,100.00 repair. there is a lot of electrical crap in it. I have not had any of the problems you mention though but mine has a belt not coupler. It's got much more vac then the 421 I had previously.

My bad, I have the Maxx 470 not the one in the picture. The chemdry one I had was a Maxx 421 without the engine exhaust heat exchanger. It was a good unit.

I have heard from the owner of Proline that the first few years of the 427 they had a lot of problems but they have been worked out now.

That looks like a pretty good deal. I'd offer less though, couldn't hurt.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom