Hydramaster CDS heat exchangers

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm replacing the second one this week on my 5 year old HM c.d.s. Starts leaking and filling up the overflow bottle... anyone else had this issue? Seems like a weak link in an otherwise solid system.

StayedReady

Name
Joe Quiocho
Our problems have been with the floats that regulate the water level in the reservoir. If they're cocked to the side or bent upwards too much they fill up and overflow. If this is your problem a quick fix is to bend the float downwards and or adjust the float so that it doesn't raise to the side. Hopefully that helped.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Around 900 Bob, that's all I can get before I max out the regulator... I clean tile on average once every couple weeks.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
My buddy Carlos just had 2 of them installed. Same thing, leak into the coolant system. But he's back in business with factory new heat con-Salsa.....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
See if they can make you one at johnshotheatexchangers.com
they have changed the name since John died but I can never remember it. You can always pull a line right off the pump and bypass the heat exchanged. Whatever the pump is rated for is what you would get unless you get fancy.

gene

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
I went to kero heat 8 years ago with. Northern tools....

Never regretted it

Yeah I'm more of a turn the key and go kinda guy, which is why direct drives work well for me. I did, however, replace a tensioner pulley on the other truck yesterday that shredded in the driveway:eekk:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
5 years is not a bad amount of time for that type of heat exchanger. I realize that at about 600 bucks a pop it is pricey. I have had good success removing the cap and silver soldering the tubes that are bad. It is a time consuming project but I am not really that good at it just am able to do it. You might take the old ones to a radiator shop and most old school ones should be able to repair them.

Chris A

Name
Chris
5 years is not a bad amount of time for that type of heat exchanger. I realize that at about 600 bucks a pop it is pricey. I have had good success removing the cap and silver soldering the tubes that are bad. It is a time consuming project but I am not really that good at it just am able to do it. You might take the old ones to a radiator shop and most old school ones should be able to repair them.

Yeah, it's annoying, but the cost of doing business I guess. She's back at it and hotter than ever so I'm happy... right this second

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom