Hydramaster DriMaster or HYDRO-KINETIC??

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
Hey Guys

I'm looking for a second upholstery tool. Which would you buy a Hydramaster DriMaster or HYDRO-KINETIC or something totally different, and why?

By the way I have a Prochem upholstery tool.

Thanks for the help

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you are not using it for velvets, I'll get the PMF no drip internal spray and I'll get the 41/2 inch.

http://www.pmftools.com/prodUpolstery20.php

This tool gives your hand the most flexibility and convenience to tackle almost everything. Easy to hold and maneuver. You can clean piping and curves better than any other tool. It is my go to tool. All my other upholstery tools usually collect dust in the van.

Only drawbacks: You can not spray/mist with it. If you clean upholstery with your truck mount and you if you are cleaning velvets it will leave tool marks (however, so will the other tools you mentioned.)

Personally I think the whole thing about cleaning just the fiber and not over wetting (Hydro kinetic and Hydro dry claim to fame) with it to be a myth. I actually can get it less wet with this tool, using the right technique.

Name
Nate W.
kolfer1 said:
If you are not using it for velvets, I'll get the PMF no drip internal spray and I'll get the 41/2 inch.

This tool gives your hand the most flexibility and convenience to tackle almost everything. Easy to hold and maneuver. You can clean piping and curves better than any other tool. It is my go to tool. All my other upholstery tools usually collect dust in the van.

Only drawbacks: You can not spray/mist with it. If you clean upholstery with your truck mount and you if you are cleaning velvets it will leave tool marks (however, so will the other tools you mentioned.)

Personally I think the whole thing about cleaning just the fiber and not over wetting (Hydro kinetic and Hydro dry claim to fame) with it to be a myth. I actually can get it less wet with this tool, using the right technique.

Don't knock it, till you try it. :wink:

The hydrokinetic tool works great and it doesn't wet the cushion. Demo demo before buying it if you have the chance. I had to buy mines to demo it. Works for me. My mom used to like the pmf internal tool, but since I got the HK the pmf only sits. :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I went to Connections in 07 with the purpose of looking / purchasing a uph tool.
At that time, guys were saying the Prochem with a glide was tops.
or the CFR tool.

I had the old orig drimaster. It was starting to wear out and I wasn't happy with its performance. I needed to pull it quite slow to get the soil out as I could watch through the view glass and see the soiled water pass by. Then it got the fabric over-wet, even when I had the pressure low. I don't know what the new one is like.

I watched the hydrokinetic work; watched it demo'd on a very fine fabric and NO water came through. Sold me right there. Got a deal at the show too!
It has a teflon head with holes, so even a fine fabric won't tear on it. Leaves the fabric just damp. Its a tool I can trust not to overwet, it slides beautifully on the fabric, and with its high 03 water flow its like a greenhorn on fabric.
Biggest fault with it is its weight; it has a heavy head.
Other fault is that the hide-a-vac hose needs to longer and more flexible. I'm thinking of rigging it with 2" superflex since that's one of the lightest hoses I've used and its really flexible. Drill a hole in a coolcuff to make it a hide-a-hose and it'll be sweet.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Who on this forum sells the HK :?:

I thought :oops: Loren England was a distributor :(

Thanks,

Dumbwun. :oops:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have the PMF internal plastic head tool with SS glides.

To spray out a section just slide the vac relief open.

When cleaning I run at 250 psi and the spray doesn't come out of the vac slot.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Walrus said:
I have the PMF internal plastic head tool with SS glides.

To spray out a section just slide the vac relief open.

When cleaning I run at 250 psi and the spray doesn't come out of the vac slot.

The plastic head will warp on the first job you use higher heat...pretty much worthless.

I have the newer Drimaster & am very happy with it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a cleanco pto.

But you're right for those of you that use excessive heat.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nate The Great said:
kolfer1 said:

Don't knock it, till you try it. :wink:

The hydrokinetic tool works great and it doesn't wet the cushion. Demo demo before buying it if you have the chance. I had to buy mines to demo it. Works for me. My mom used to like the pmf internal tool, but since I got the HK the pmf only sits. :lol:
Tried it.
Didn't like it.
I get it much drier with the PMF tool and can definitely reach more areas of the fabric with more ease and for a much more through cleaning to boot!.

A really clumsy tool.

As was said many times before. Upholstery tools preferances are very personal.
He'll have to try different ones to figure out what works best for him

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Shorty I can put a Hydro-Kentic in with the Turbo and it won't cost anymore shipping.

The New Drimasters are being re-tooled. They haven't been as durable as the original. :( I have been waiting on warranty returns for nearly 3 months now.

The ndew Titanium PMF Internal Jets are sweet and they only cost $30 more then the SS.

And yes the HydroKentic and the TI PMF's are in stock

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Can I trade my new Drimaster for a new new Drimaster?

I wanna play like Stevie Ray.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

John, do you have a link or pic of it? I could not find it on your site.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Shorty Down Under said:
Who on this forum sells the HK :?:

I thought :oops: Loren England was a distributor :(

Thanks,

Dumbwun. :oops:

I was a Steam Way distributor for California from 1987-1992, so that was the only time I distributed the Hydrokinetic tool.

I have been a Hydrokinetic tool user since 1985. For top cleaning performance that is also gentle and leaves the fabric its driest, this tool is the standard. But as seen from the comments, not all cleaners make this their top priority when choosing an upholstery cleaning tool.

One thing I like about the newer version is the face plate being Teflon and not metal. Around wood and metal trim there is far less chance of scratching by accident.
Loren Egland

John Olson

Name
John Olson
KevinD said:

John, do you have a link or pic of it? I could not find it on your site.

They Look exactly the same as the current ones on made of TI. The TI Tools weigh 15.6oz and the SS weighs 1lb 8 oz (These are the 3.5" non hide-hose that I just weighed)
http://www.pmftools.com/images/ProdImag ... lay/23.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom