Hydramaster Rotary?

Farenheit251

The rx20 has a 2" connection and floating heads that adjust to the carpet. The rv 360 has fixed heads and a 1.5 hose connection. Most, but not all prefer the rx20. It is a shame because the rv 360 has a nice weight and price.
I think a lot of the reason I used to like the rx20 so much was it cleaned with more flow 5 x 1.5 jets and got carpets cleaner. Most of us who have switched to a high flow wand find we can now get just as good of cleaning with the wand, sometimes adding a prescrub. Most of us prefer the wand for because it is easier,faster.details better and we have better control of dry times.
I recently borrowed back my old rx20 to try on a difficult cinese restaurant with 7 year old carpet. It created a great visual cleaning in a cloud of steam. Unfortunately it didn't outclean the Greenhorn,left the carpets soaked and was slower.

RX20

Pros

easier on the back

great cleaning abiliy with scrubbin and extracting at the same time

multi tool- clean carpet,tile and pad cleaning (3 heads one tool space saver in van)

Cons

slower cleaning

wetter carpet

Summary: Rx is good for commercial settings such as wide open places and empty houses. Not residential friendly at all and a nice alternative to give your back a break. I have personally noticed my back is not as bad as it was using this when the situation is right.

Name
George Valliant
Never tried the 360. I use the Greeenhorn but still pull out the RX-20 (glided) occasionally for super nasties.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
set the head up correctly and let the machine do the work for you and on those occasions that you need it ...it is a great cleaning tool and won't over wet the carpet....I personally found that if you RX into the room and then get your wand and cut everything in and dry stroke on the way out it leaves the carpets looking great.....

66.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Michael;

The RX-20 is a heavy-duty 15" rotary extractor.
It has more weight, more power and more scrubbing ability for those tough cleaning jobs.
Some of our customers use them on every job.
Mytee makes a nice lower-cost equivalent.

The RV360 is a more agile 12" scrubber.
It is lighter in weight, has a variable-speed control, and a better hard surface cleaning head.
Some of our customers use them on every job.

Your Vortex should provide plenty of vac & heat for either.

Larry

P.S. Jim- Those 5 jets are pretty close to the carpet with those check valves.
How wide is the pattern when the contact the carpet ?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The pattern is just past the shoes..and it does not go outside the housing.....I get no over spray....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Jim Martin said:
set the head up correctly and let the machine do the work for you and on those occasions that you need it ...it is a great cleaning tool and won't over wet the carpet....I personally found that if you RX into the room and then get your wand and cut everything in and dry stroke on the way out it leaves the carpets looking great.....

66.jpg

The glided RX-20's I have seen haven't had the skids on them. (The metal piece) It's just been a glide. Could somebody explain to me how some have them and some don't?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Gary I think the RX-20 HE's have the skids, to help drying, and they have to be removed to add glides.

Mike Draper

I've had the 360 and an RX. the 360 will outclean and outdry on residential carpet. the 360 is worthless on cgd. Rx- is good for cgd, but not near as good as the Greenhorn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom