Hydro-Force Leave well enough alone!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I hate when manf change things up and it ends up being a pain in the butt. They switched to their quick disconnects a couple of years ago and "every" one I have gotten has leaked like a siV within a week. Here's my latest one probably has 3 hrs of actual pre spray time on it. I always have to cut the hose and put a compressed end on. Nothing like having soaking wet feet on a carpet job!
amybugan.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea the fact they put a part in there (o-ring) that is susceptible to premature wear or damage makes no sense....

of course then you wouldnt need to buy anymore fittings or other parts for it.....(see my sapphire tool rant)

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Switched mine all over to Lowes pressure washer fittinngs.

They won't give us high performance outta the box, so we install the high performance parts.

Check out American Extractor on ebay for parts. Jerry is a good guy and the demi valves n repair kits he sells are top notch.

Chris

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
This particular one was a new back up that hung in the truck for about 6 months before going into service

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just eliminated it on mine, it's not that big of deal to not have it swivel

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Or here is a thought....why don't they put a swivel connector?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
"every" one I have gotten has leaked like a siV within a week.

It's true... I actually put a normal QD(1/4") on mine and now I can use it as a pressure gun.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Was an easy fix with new rubber washer. Happen to have the smaller size on hand for my pressure washing gun. Seal looked new except fir a qtr inch gap in one side

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom