hydroforce calibrating

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have the hydroforce revolution and like so many of you, I wonder if it is pulling the right amount of chem. It seems like i have to crank it higher than when I got it, to get the same amount of chem. So I am trying to figure it out. I plan on filling the chem jug with 1 gallon of liquid, then setting the ratio at 8 to 1. If i spray until all chem is gone, i figure i should have sprayed 9 gallons. Does this sound right to you guys? let me know. Or if i set it at 4 to1 i should spray 5 gals, when the chem jug is empty. i am curious to see what you guys think.

Tahoesteve

I've heard the higher your psi, the less chem you are gettin. Plus I had problems with the powdered chems not dissolving and clogging up the draw tube and/or the sprayer tip. I went back to the pump up a year ago and now I know exactly what I am putting down.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
SRI Cleaning said:
i am curious to see what you guys think.

try this, Tony
(it might be easier, faster and more accurate for you)

Measure an exact amount of chem and pour in the HF jug.
32oz, 48oz, what ever, as long as you know exactly how much you started with.
Fire up the TM and use the HF to spray into a gal jug or bucket.
(any container will work as long as you know you've sprayed a exactly 1 gallon)

after you sprayed a gal into the bucket/jug, now you simply empty and measure what's left in the HF chem jug.
Subtract what's left from what you started with and you'll know how many ounces were drawn

Example;
if you started with 40oz of chem in the HF jug, sprayed a measured gal thru the sprayer and have 24oz left in the HF, you used 16oz of chem pr gal.
(I 'think" 16oz pr gal is 8 to 1 dilution ratio, right?)
i never wuz very good at math :oops:
or speling...

You can do that test all thru the temp ranges of your TM and/or dilution ratios on your Revolution HF to find out what it's "really" drawing.

You also may find it will draw more or less chem depending on TM temp, PSI, length of sol line, chem viscosity, etc.
(even with the knob set at same dilution ratio)

..L.T.A.

breathe72

and of course, the higher your psi, the less chem you will draw.

i once forgot to turn the psi down after a tile job.

the next day began pre-spraying a banquet room.

dumb me, never thought to check my psi & couldn't figure out why the hydroforce jug never emptied (in fact i think it became more full) and was spraying with such force. :roll:

I was probably diluting 100 to 1 that day.

This is close to the glug-glug method, but we try to prespray at 300 psi, and now go by "feel" while pre-spraying.

If you think its still diluting too much, you can always adjust your flow at the ball valve on your tool.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My HF Revolution is about 4 years old. Looks like hell 'cause I've never maintained it. Can't even turn the nob to adjust. I've had good luck with it because it still draws like it always has. Pretty damn reliable for me.

Maybe it's because I only do one or two jobs a year.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have a sheet that explains exactly how to recalibrate your Revolution sprayer. It should be calibrated every 6 months to a year.

If anyone wants the instruction sheet, let me know. I will send you a copy by mail, fax or email.

Remember that dilution rates are basically suggestions for average conditions. Factors like soil level, hard water versus soft water, etc. effect the actual dilution you should use on any particular job. So, dilution is not an exact science.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom