HydroForce vrs Multi Sprayer

G

I used my HydroForce on the last job today. I ran out of battery on the Multispray..and didn;t have the charger with in the spare van.

So its a 9-1...so I use about 5 times the amount of juice compared to the battery..right?

One would think 25oz of 1st step, 7 oz of Citrus from Magic Wand, 6 oz of Grease breaker, and 15 oz of 40 vol would clean it.

Well, my prespray wouldnt clean on this job for some reason. A tadd too much watered down juice I think.

Chad

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HF are JUNK unrealaible dilution rate POS sprayers

Too many variables change the dilution ratio.

Chem viscosity, heat, psi

JUNK!

..L.T.A.

G

I buy a new one about every 6 months. I have about four extras in the garage for spare parts. I hate battery pack sprayers because they are too slow for me, would rather invest money more often than take more time on each job. I also turn down the heat when I pre spray so it affects the valve less. mix a little more than 1 to 3 for the proper dilution.

slowmo

Greenie

Uncle LArRy, I don't get it, a dema valve porportioner doesn't know any better, it just syphons. I always ran the thing at 500+psi and stayed away from "adjustable' sprayers, just more stuff to go wrong. a basic 4:1 dema just does what it was designed to do.

I have come to learn that msot guys don't rinse them out from time to time, or do stupid stuff like dump powders right into the jug.

I can smoke over a battery sprayer for production, and my chem gets the benefit of a heat boost to increase activity momentarily.

And some jobs just need a good soaking, many guys under apply prespray, more is better on a nasty, and you ain't gettin' that with a battery sprayer.

I never bought the "I sprayed the whole house with water" line either, at 4:1 or even 9:1 you can see after two rooms where you stand, and from time to time I would make a "close pass" and get the white concentrated chem line to keep an eye on things.

What cracks me up beyond beleif is when I see dudes leaning over and pumping a 2 gal sprayer for prespray, are you serious, no way, I'd use a pepsi sprayer first charged at a gas station if I was that broke.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie, my MS w/06 tip puts out just about a gpm.
My two hydrojunks (one adjustable, one regular) put out just about the same gpm

solution temps effect dilution ratio the most.

I'm not about to waste time by going out to the van and turning down the heat, then stopping the wand to finish pre-spraying larger jobs.

Instead, I'll spray a gpm of EXACTLY dilutiled RTU chem and not have to "hope" or "guess", I'm getting the proper dilution ratio.
And it takes less time to drop in another filled 2 gal jug of RTU than change a HF back to the wand.

Lastly, and really not part of the thread, but we run 2 man crews 95% of the time.
A HF is about as inefficient for two man ops as can be.
(unless you can soak the whole place down and finish cleaning before it dries)

JUNK!

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
vEEgs, with the pee water chems you use, you probably wouldn't notice if your hydrojunk was spraying any chem or not.

Probaly wouldn't have to roto agitate half your jobs either

..L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have a spraymaster and a multi-sprayer. I tried using the ms for about a week and I didn't like it. Took longer to apply, had to spend more time mixing chems, and most importantly it just didn't seem like it was cleaning as well or at least as fast. It seemed to me like the pressure from the spraymaster maybe injected the solution deeper into the fibers making it clean faster. Most jobs I am able to pre-spray entire house without it drying before I get to it, maybe because of this florida humidity.

S

Scott Noble

Use a non adjustable model. Remove the metering tit. It's 4:1 now (or close to it, just test it in a couple buckets. And it will meter the same at 230 or 130. Use a 5 quart jug and you'll get half a house in one filling.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Sorry guys I still love the thing for protectors. Plus I do think that for a two man crew it would probably be more efficient and I will be a two man crew one of these days. :D

Rex Tyus

Hydra force for me. Multi-sprayer for protector. Two man crews can reap the benefits of the hydra force when you run two solution lines. :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That won't work with a high heat TM, Rex

They won't draw chem over 200+ sol temps

Not to mention the hassles of another solution line to deal with, trip over and roll in and out.

PITA, in my book

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

High heat truckmount does not apply to me. :cry: That is why PreSOAK is a more accurate discription for me than preSPRAY. Two lines take practice but worth it for me more often than not.

Rex

Mike Brummett

1) You need to take apart and clean and test your in-line sprayer on a regular basis to keep it working well.

2) In-line is faster and easier, overall.

3) Cordless sprayer helps the wand keep moving with a 2 person crew.
I like it for deodorizers, anti-microbials and Teflon application better than in-line.

Just my personal preferences.

MIKE

G

I agree with Mike. In line for personal use, batt pack or pump up for a crew. ALWAYS use a dedicated pump up for protector.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tell me about it....

My son did not flush the line after a stone job on Firday so Saturdays carpet job got Oxyblastered the first 50 feet...

Helper boy was not going to clean it out....

I caught it just in time so I made him clean it out and re teflon that area...

Greenie

Uncle Larry,

What, Harbor Freight not carry Brass Ts to split your sol. line at the door?

Split it, Do like Noble says with the 4:1 and wand chimp A will be chasing sprayer chimp B, perfect for 2 man Apt. whores.

btw: are you sure about that MS pump flow rate?

I'll bet sprayer chimp and 09 flow Ti wand put a hurt on that kero burner next time you think it's making 240º

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
Use both.

Like the MS for encap and HF for everything else. Put powder straight in and "stir" with hot pressure washer. If you put tip on the floor of the HF you minimize foaming. HF one floor at a time usually. I "believe" extracting re-wets. Don't want to leave residues like JPem spoke of....i.e. surfactants. If you cut your teeth on the VLM side you'll scream watching a pure HWE guy pre-spray in many cases. Get you moisture and pH meters out boys. See what I mean.

Protector gets its own dedicated HF.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
" are you sure about that MS pump flow rate?"

Pretty close. Never timed it with a stop watch but gave it the ole 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000....

I pitched the metering tip in the HF long ago.

They're just plain too unreliable for me.
I prefer to know EXACTLTY what chem ratio we're using

The 231,000btu Wayne burner keeps up fine fine with the 09 flow.
I'm using plenty more kero now, though

..L.T.A.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
HF I've never had enough problems with it to change

Omni Pro for protector and Upholstery preconditioning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom