I am falling in love with my RX again and my machine ROCKS.

It may not be a V, but it sure does have loads of suck and heat. No wonder Harp wants it. Man I love this machine.

No really this thread is about my RX. I am falling in love with it again. I used to hate using it.

I did a job tonight that normally takes 3.5 to 4 hours. We did it in 2 hour 15 minutes. I could really tell a big difference in not only how the carpet looked but the way it smelled and felt. I had the machine set at 600 psi with 7.5 flow running full slots. That key was the full slots with no glide, higher flow, and yes the machine that runs like a champ. I have been using the rx glides for the most part but tonight I wanted to see how the unit performed without them. I was nervous the machine would not run smooth with the full slots. It ran silky smooth. I could not believe how much more suck there was and how deep the machine was cleaning. Also I was not the least bit tired at the end of the job.

A side note I never let off the trigger while my helper used another solution line to spray in front of me. My machine kept the heat up easy. The heat dropped a little when the other hf was going but not that much. I did use the wand a little in some tight areas.

What does all this mean? I will have no problems taking this unit on residential jobs for a higher rate. It will actually clean deeper and still dry the carpet out fast. Yes you need a big machine for all this to work together. More money for me and happier customers.

The RX is very versatile. It runs great on commercial or residential. If I need the glides, they pop on in less than 20 seconds. The glides work good on loop carpets, but for pile or just low cut carpet unglided with full slots is the way to go.

All I know is there is not a rotary tool that will clean deeper, faster, and dry better than the rx with full slots, higher flow, and unglided with a strong machine. It just makes sense.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_ohzheJsQp]

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhnD6cNZbV0p]

Re: I am falling in love with my RX again and my machine ROC

I never dry stoke restaurants. Besides the carpet is REALLY dry in 2 hours maybe less.

I dry stoke the hell out of residential though.

Don't be jealous Richard.

Is this enough dry strokes for you?

Should I do more?

Most carpets I clean with a blower going are dry in an hour.

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQKpxeCwUs2]

danielc said:
I never dry stoke restaurants. Besides the carpet is REALLY dry in 2 hours maybe less.

I dry stoke the hell out of residential though.

Don't be jealous Richard.

Jealous? You being serious? I would say your dry times are not even close to what you are claiming.

The condensation on the windows are a good indicator that with all the water you are blowing all over hell and back is a indicator that the room has reached dam near 100% humidity. When the humidity has reached those levels there are NO F'n way that carpet is dry in two hours. Its like saying you can dry your clothes sitting in a sauna. Sniff sniff.. I smell BS.

Even the camera is fogged up! Now I know what it's like to have cataracts!!

I cleaned the carpet at my house a few weeks back. Nothing special at all. Just a hundred foot hose run, 400 psi, extra dry strokes, and a carpet fan. The carpet was bone dry in an hour and 20 minutes. Oh I do run 4 to the door and have really good suck. I know how fast a carpet takes to dry. Some may take 8 hours or more, but the ones I dry stroke good and set fans are all dry in 2 hours or less.

Same scenario a couple days ago. I cleaned a ladys carpet then tile. After cleaning the carpet I set fans before cleaning the tile. The carpet was DRY when I left an hour and a half later.

Oh and for most residential I like to use 180-200 degree water atm. I don't like super hot solution lines and children walking around.

All I know is I promote fast drying times (faster than anyone else) and I do what I can to get fast dry times. I even explain to the customer the difference between just misting the carpet and acutally cleaning it with more water. They understand the difference, but even then my dry times are really good. That is from the fact that I don't rush and do a good job. Anyone that vacuums, cleans good, dry strokes, uses a decent machine, and sets fans is going to get good dry times.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RESTAURANT VIDEO!! Not your house not your mailman house. That Carpet did NOT Dry In two hours. The place is a sauna. Look at the FN windows, The Camera is all fogged over. I Smell BS!!

f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAe0PDnicsf]

The restaurant opens at 5 am. I went up there at 9 to collect my money. The carpet was dry as usual. I have cleaned this place like 50 times. I have never one time had a problem with dry time on any job. Let it go. I am not a hack and know what I am doing. In fact I have a problem with the carpet drying too fast most of the time. I prespray the hell out of it, but can only do small sections at a time or the grease in the carpet will dry it out in less than 20 min.

It never fails. Someone is always going to say something negative.

If I dry stroked it and used low heat, someone would say I need to go faster and use hotter water.

Again look at the time frame...That is not two hours. at the minimum you started at 2:30 to do the job. You said it took you 2.5 hours to do the work and the place is open at 5am you come in at 9 am. Way over two hours the last time I checked.

There is just alot OF BS on this board.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="Brian R":291sd8e6]You got paid...who cares? lol

And look who shows up as we are talking about BS?[/quote:291sd8e6]

It was just too deep to not want to roll around in it.

Just pointing out that you 2 yahoos are focusing on the wrong thing here.

His customer was happy enough to pay...maybe even extremely happy.

It was dry when they opened so their customers are happy

He's been doing the job for a while

What's the problem?

shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I can not speak for Daniel......but..I am a avid RX user.... always have been... and if it is set up correct then you can get extremely good dry times......high flow is not really the answer.......good glides and a set of Joe's ( what he calls ) Chemdry valves and a good prespray.....figure that all the RX is doing is flushing out the carpet....the pre spray is what is doing all the work....if you don't believe me then hook everything up and run it over a dry carpet with no pre spray and let me know how it cleans.....but with the 5 jets and the 5 vacuum slots and the circular motion it does a great job at removing everything out of the carpet with a lot less effort....But like most everything out there the RX is not for everyone....I like it because of the extra weight that the machine puts down on the glides and holds them tighter to the surface..I think it helps lock the suction down a bit better....and how well it will flush out the carpets..........

TimP

I have to say I like the RX and mine is the HE style.

I have to say I fell into the board glide trap. I do love my glide and my greenhorn.

However I have to say without a doubt that a rotary extractor cleans really well. I've used them both for long periods of time of just wand or just RX and I really think at this point in time that I prefer the RX over the wand. Dry times are probably longer of course. But I don't think that really matters as long as it isn't wet for days.

I'm starting to have the itch for the Rotovac 360i but I think I'll have to wait till next year as the RX does the job.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

I went to the local supplier the other day and asked to demo the 360I. He says you have a glided RX, nothing will out clean it.

I remember going into the blockbuster store in the AM and the windows were all wet, manager doesn't like it because now the windows will need to be cleaned but she is happy with the cleaning and the price.

Company had RX cleaned(2 4.8 hydramasters CDS) the carpet the previous night starting at midnight. This was before glides. It is now 10 am and the carpet feels dry.

I think running the HVAC would help the issue

The steam that is created in a room with the RX is the only problem I have with the machine but I use quite a bit of water when I use it.

glides on the RX do help the dry times

Jim, what are the chemdry jets

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

stubby check valves and low moisture jets....been using them for awhile now and have been the best I have put on the RX.......with the glides I use and joes jets I get great dry times and it still flushes out the carpet.....

Rex Tyus

Its really hard to imagine what one would have to do NOT to get good dry times in the AZ there Jim. !gotcha!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

true..... but we do have our moments when the rains come in and the humidity goes up....but the biggest issue are the homes with the swamp (evap) coolers.....got to make sure those carpets get as dry as possible.....

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
Its really hard to imagine what one would have to do NOT to get good dry times in the AZ there Jim. !gotcha!

Also don't hurt that he has a vortex behind his RX.

Seriously I haven't had a problem with dry times with mine even here. But I often pull the wand in to trim and quickly do some dry strokes to groom the swirls out since they groom out easier with some vacuum compared to a rake. But the carpet don't feel much different in terms of feeling wet. It does take a good bit more time to do it but the carpet looks so purty afterwards. And it's easier on the body in my opinion.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Also don't hurt that he has a vortex behind his RX

Trust me ..the vortex has nothing to do with it...just balance your tools with the performance of what your machine will give you....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Well i borrowed a buddy of mines RX for a 12k job i have this weekend....

he has the 02s on it, the kind that does a half twist off??? and banana glides on it..they look a little flimsy.. or the shoes are the ones with the multiple slots in it

And ill be running the everest full tilt i think....most of the hose pull will be in the 200-300' range...1st 100 is 2.5'

I have used one before but with my 36 blower and about 200'....

anything i should watch, and what psi??

Rex Tyus

Jim Martin said:
true..... but we do have our moments when the rains come in and the humidity goes up....but the biggest issue are the homes with the swamp (evap) coolers.....got to make sure those carpets get as dry as possible.....

I know every area has it own specific issues. I was just razzin on ya. I may get one soon for large commercial work. Tim seems to really like his.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I am glad I don't have half the issues that most have....I will take our 112 degree dry heat any day.......

G

Gnu

http://cleaningresource.com/shop/skid-b ... -only.html

here is the link I used to buy my skids. but was later threatened by Harris research lawyers to remove them immediately and send them back to their main office in ogden utah. sucked because they were stainless skids and dryed in half hour with a tm

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

NuTech Carpet Care said:
http://cleaningresource.com/shop/skid-bottom.-rx-cd-ventedsell-to-chemdry-only.html

here is the link I used to buy my skids. but was later threatened by Harris research lawyers to remove them immediately and send them back to their main office in ogden utah. sucked because they were stainless skids and dryed in half hour with a tm

Ken Harris came out with some glides that you remove the skids and bolt the glides on....the things are bullet proof..I don't know what they are made out of but it is a tough teflon type material......he sent me a set almost a year ago...told me to try them out and if I liked them....Price was $150.00.....a month later I sent him his 150.......there has been a few guys that have wanted some for there RX but he has jacked the price up to almost $180 now.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom