I am wearing hearing protection from this day forward

I am sitting here and all of a sudden my ears start ringing. WTF?

I want to protect my hearing. What about you?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I am sitting here and all of a sudden my ears start ringing. WTF?

I want to protect my hearing. What about you?

That is the First signs of the "DreAdeD"....DSB... :shock:

YOU..SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER "GETTING A life".... :idea:

Name
Evets
My ears have been ringing for over 7 years now. Just started one day,and has never stopped.
Thought it would drive me crazy at first. I really didn't think I could live the rest of my life like this.

Guess what? You'd be surprised at what you can learn to live with.
My ears(both sides) are screaming all the time. Except when I sleep.

TO ALL YOU YOUNG MUSICIANS OUT THERE - WEAR EAR PLUGS!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its called......tinnitus.....there is no real cure for it........and it is not necessarily from load noise.........there is a number of reasons why you may have got it.......

dental issues...to much aspirin.....load noise...blood pressure issues....or just plain getting old.....

I have had it for years and you just get use to it.......

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ah, that explains the nervous twitch I noticed on your face that night at Cracker Barrell. That and your unusual outbursts had me thinking you had tourettes.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hogjowl said:
Ah, that explains the nervous twitch I noticed on your face that night at Cracker Barrell. That and your unusual outbursts had me thinking you had tourettes.

the nervous twitch had nothing to do with the ringing in my ears.........I was getting real uneasy because you kept checking out my ass.........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
DID HE SAY THE UMPALOOMPAHS ARE NEARING???

Anyway,
I used to be in a heavy metal band. We toured the SF bay area for a few years...have a couple of Cd's out.
(you can buy them on Amazon still.... Band -Stonewall....Album- Dark Days)

Anyway, I was in a few bands before that and the other guys would put in ear plugs an turn their amp all the way the hell up. :shock:
Never made sense to me....turn up the music and wear ear plugs so you can't hear it as well??
Tards.
Anyway, as the singer I couldn't wear ear plugs or all I would hear is my self singing...talk about being off key. Yikes.

Some people just don't get it.
I wore earplugs when I was cleaning just because I know that being deaf keeps you closet when it comes to Christmas, B-days etc.

I talk to my Daughter about it all the time...she wears the earphones that go inside the ear. They say that's the worst even at lower volumes.

I just want to make sure she knows the real story.
All I got as a kid was "Turn that damn music down." I'm lucking to have decent hearing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
hogjowl said:

the nervous twitch had nothing to do with the ringing in my ears.........I was getting real uneasy because you kept checking out my ass.........

:shock:
I went right by this post.
FF

Name
Evets
I still play all the time. Have a Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier 1/2 stack down in the music room. Small 400 watt PA system(17 x 18 room).
I spend 1-2 hours in there everyday.

Still have guys over 2 or 3 times a month to jam. Play out occasionally.
Keeps me young, and reminds me who I am when I get too caught up in the race.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Carvin threeways 800 watts RMS each side plus 2 800 watt rms subs each side, 4100 watts for most venues, ability to add amps/ speaks up to 10,000 watts and three stacks.

Our band is a 9-10 piece rock and Christian Rock band.

Joe Bristor

Top complaints from those who do MVPs:

- it fills up my lint bag faster now... :arrow: so get a Devastator.
- it fills up my waste tank faster... :arrow: so dump.
- it's so loud now at the wand... :arrow: so wear ear plugs.
- I can't push the wand... :arrow: so get a glide.
- it's dry before I can get it groomed... :arrow: so groom sooner.

and raise your prices cuz it's Dry When Done.
How's the 2.5" hose anyway, Draper?

A

amazingcleansc

Joe Bristor said:
Top complaints from those who do MVPs:

- it fills up my lint bag faster now... :arrow: so get a Devastator.
- it fills up my waste tank faster... :arrow: so dump.
- it's so loud now at the wand... :arrow: so wear ear plugs.
- I can't push the wand... :arrow: so get a glide.
- it's dry before I can get it groomed... :arrow: so groom sooner.

and raise your prices cuz it's Dry When Done.
How's the 2.5" hose anyway, Draper?

I've got another complaint. Why do companies charge too much for 2.5 hose?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Old age creeping up on you.
TMJ - go see a dentist that specializes in that.
Wax in your ears - stick a Q-Tip in....til it comes out the other side, j/k.

Joe Bristor

"Why do companies charge too much for 2.5 hose?"

My hose maker says it's because "greed is a part of business."
Of course he wasn't talkin about me.
I have the best hose, the largest selection and the lowest price.

Name
jack zerkie
Old age and equip noise isn,t my problem. I play the drums on the weekend with a guy that plays a Hammond B3 organ with two leslies and thats loud but I love that type of abuse . jz.

A

amazingcleansc

JACK ZERKIE said:
Old age and equip noise isn,t my problem. I play the drums on the weekend with a guy that plays a Hammond B3 organ with two leslies and thats loud but I love that type of abuse . jz.

2 leslies? does that sound weird if they are rotating differently?

Name
jack zerkie
Above post I,dont know how they are set uo but wow they sound great, my job is just to bang on the drums and he plays his organ.Years back another guy had two leslies and a brass horn sound, but that was over twenty years ago. jz.

R

rotovacguy

Brian R said:
DID HE SAY THE UMPALOOMPAHS ARE NEARING???

Anyway,
I used to be in a heavy metal band. We toured the SF bay area for a few years...have a couple of Cd's out.
(you can buy them on Amazon still.... Band -Stonewall....Album- Dark Days)

Anyway, I was in a few bands before that and the other guys would put in ear plugs an turn their amp all the way the hell up. :shock:
Never made sense to me....turn up the music and wear ear plugs so you can't hear it as well??
Tards.
Anyway, as the singer I couldn't wear ear plugs or all I would hear is my self singing...talk about being off key. Yikes.

Some people just don't get it.
I wore earplugs when I was cleaning just because I know that being deaf keeps you closet when it comes to Christmas, B-days etc.

I talk to my Daughter about it all the time...she wears the earphones that go inside the ear. They say that's the worst even at lower volumes.

I just want to make sure she knows the real story.
All I got as a kid was "Turn that damn music down." I'm lucking to have decent hearing.

I have heard that, too, but I wear my Klipsch earbuds all the time when working out and love them. I don't go too high on the volume with them, just high enough to cancel out the bee-bop crap they play at the gym.

I still own the same Klipsch KG4 speakers I bought in high school. I worked my ass off at the local food store as a stocker for $4 per hour the entire summer. Saved every penny I earned, went to the local Klipsch dealer with $706, came out with a whoppin' .40 cents to my name!! I had already purchased my NAD amps and California Audio Labs CD player to round out a sweet system. Most kids in high school had cool cars....not me, I had a killer stereo setup.

My dad still owns a Hafler XL-600, 305 watt per channel amp with a superphon class A pre amp, going through some Klipsch Chorus'....talk about overkill. Those Chorus' are rated at 101 db with a 1 watt input...needless to say, that could easily make the ears bleed if not careful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom