I am weighing my options on hose reels

I like what Keith (able1) did with his reel. My problem is the reel is too loose. I will post some pics to see if there is any way to tighten it up. Ideally I should just sell my reels as used and purchase an electric reel. I know I am ready for one. It would need to support a double stack bracket for dual solution reels. What would you go with?

Name
Nate W.
Since you got money pouring out your ear like Surdi does, just buy a electric hose reel. The guys who make there own are the ones who can't afford a new electric reel. :lol:

I'm one who can't afford one, so I'll Able1 my own. shiteatinggrin

This is the only photo I could find. I am not sure if it is a 300' or 250' reel. I think it is 300.

IMAG01411.jpg

Mikey P said:
My 250 reel on my Lima Bean is a Prochem and solid as a rock.

Narrow too.

Also available in a electric model.

Yes the prochem is the premier reel imo. I saw the electric version but it only has one solution reel. I really don't care about the electric part. I just want to be able to grab the hose and go without 200' of hose coming off or tangling up. To prevent that I have to pull off what I need at the truck and flip the stopper. Usually I just carry the first section in and then pull the rest to it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Does it look like this..
001-9.jpg

You really don't want it to be tight... In other words there shouldn't be much resistance with all the hose off to spin the reel.

I think power reels go for around $1,200.. Why wouldn't you make what you have powered for $400?

Ok my supplier says I can shim the reel up. I am ordering a dozen to have on hand. They should be replaced as they wear out. They're cheap anyways. So I guess all I need is to make this reel electric. How hard is that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom