i can still twirl the wrenchs when I need to!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Posted last week about Lack of decent customer service....

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?274980-Customer-Service-How-good-are-you

Well, today, my other van has a problem. Get it fixed at what was one of my reliable service centers, but they have been going through changes and you know when the mechanic is complaining about having to take the inside hood off the van to get to the motor, there is potential for problems. :oldrolleyes:

Today, I pick up the van, get it home and it will not start in the drive way! :frown
Doing work on it, the mechanic also left exposed wires (which were wrapped and protected at the Butler Factory) laying on the exhaust system, the solenoid to the starter of the van was damaged/cracked and the belts to the PTO of the Butler unit were not installed as asked.:madder:

I got home, broken starter, bad belts (which were put on the drivers seat so you cannot miss them):madder::madder:

I ordered a new starter, scheduled with a family repair facility in a neighboring town for tomorrow, got the starter so I can get it to work (fingers crossed for morning) and changed out my own belts! :rockon:

I also filed a report requesting a refund for my last van service that could not get local warranty service and have that going to recover the $1400 I spent on the other van!

Customer service in our LOCAL vehicle service departments is dead right now.

I can still make the wrenches work...and really....they have to put grease on everything under a chassis and not wipe it off....come on!

2014-07-29182613_zps161f1929.jpg

2014-07-29182631_zps7faecee0.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mark ;

Like all service work, it is good you have enough knowledge to catch those mistakes.

Non-insulated wiring can cause major problems near an exhaust system.

Larry

Reactions: Mark Saiger
J

JS41035

I feel your pain. I had a crate engine put in a chevy van. With labor it was five grand.
So many little problems. But the van just would not run right. After trips to the dealer and 500 in diagnostics. Nothing.
Finally I take a day off work. Start testing wires. Fixed in 3 hours.
I try to delegate the mechanic work and just clean carpets. But dealing with mechanics validates all my paranoia.
I don't mind paying a little extra for them to work around the clutch and driveshaft. Just put it back the way it was when I pulled in.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
when the goin' gets tough
the tough gets goin'.....

been there and done all of that......way ta go Mark!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I can turn a wrench when I need to as well.

Couple weeks before Thanksgiving last year we got a bad storm with really high winds. While my girlfriend was going to work from her parent's house, a big wind gust took her car off the road and she hit a pole just down the road from their house. I was there working outside with her dad and we heard the crash. I don't think I've ever ran so fast in my life, but I beat her dad in his truck 1/2 mile down the road at a full sprint. Luckily she came out of it with only a torn ligament in her wrist and a bump on her noggin. But her "baby" did not.

desbefore_zps83cfe6d6.jpg

We told her it was totaled(we really thought it was) and even had it towed away. But after looking at it some more, her dad and I had it towed back to his place and over the next couple of weeks we began to restore the damage. It was difficult to keep it a secret and her not to wonder why I was spending so much time at her parents house. But on Christmas I snuck over there and waiting in the garage for her to show up.

This was the finished product.

desafter_zps2b63aa19.jpg

Her younger brother borrowed it a week or so ago and went over some railroad tracks WAY too fast, and it would constantly bottom out after really easily. So today I raised her in the air and put on new shocks and sway arm link bolt kits since they were missing.

I'm trying to talk her into letting me drop the Z28 350 LT1 in it, but that's another restoration project all on it's own.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I don't mind paying a little extra for them to work around the clutch and driveshaft. Just put it back the way it was when I pulled in.

Yep, they forgot to hook up that part also to run the Butler inside the cab too.

Good thing I saw that as my Son in Law might not have known what to look for.

I got up early this morning to make sure it would start and it is going to remain running until we are done with our first 1500 sq foot job, then it's getting the new starter my Brother in Law's shop in a neighboring town (and close to where we are working all day)

They won't mess it up!

Once all these warranties are done, they are my go to guys!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Is this bad luck or all these smaller problems you have been having normal on the cans that butler uses?

Are you vans different than the vans butler normally uses?

I am finding a lot of the "Bad Luck" with the van has been a bit related to shotty work from previous. Missing bolts, screws, not wrapping the wires back up and connectors....

You just trust that it is being taken care of and go on with business.

Today, GM told me that no chance getting warranty reimbursement. I asked them what should I have done with a commercial vehicle and no service available for 2 weeks.

They said they would have had me ship it to another dealer....I asked "200 miles away?" And then asked "so you think it is ok to be pushed out 2 weeks for warranty work that they consider normal and OK around here?" They were not ok with that, but are going to have to deal with it in the future..

I'm not done with them yet! :madder:

I have some more phone numbers!

My 08 GMC has been great....my 2011 must have been a Friday afternoon or the coffee break build!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark's kharma indicates he's been a bit too friendly with the neighbor's cat as of late. :eekk:

I am really just shaking my head and have to really laugh even during my anger....

Let me give you the rest of this "Bad Country Western Song" that seems to be developing as of today....

Get to BNI early this morning....wife sends "Emergency Text" need to talk asap very important! Panic sets in...what has happened since she is limited from the surgery :eekk:

Find out, her mom has fallen this morning, blood everywhere....emergency room (Shari can also not lift more than 20 pounds)...get her to Doctor, son in law on way to clean up blood.

15 minutes later, my Mom calls to let me know that my Father is in the hospital (had rotator cuff surgery yesterday that no one told me about....geez) and now, he is back in hospital for Pneumonia this morning that developed last night....WHAT! :eekk::eekk:

Criminy sakes....I am home now for the day, locking the doors and gonna hide out I think....but all I can really do is shake my head in disbelief and laugh.

I still don't know the name of this country western "Bad Song" quite yet....but I have a few names for it :evil:

And no cats were harmed in the making of this music or post.... :lol:

Carry on Wayward sons (and daughters!)

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Holy Moses we are gonna have to have an Exorcism you keep this up.

Don't let yur hed spin Big Guy!!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jinxed myself had two units not run, had to switch out trucks with two other. :icon_cry:

One was just that there was no water in the systems since it had been used for a WDR loss.They just panicked!

The other is over at the distributors it won't stay running. Maybe low pressure switch???

:errf:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Jinxed myself had two units not run, had to switch out trucks with two other. :icon_cry:

One was just that there was no water in the systems since it had been used for a WDR loss.They just panicked!

The other is over at the distributors it won't stay running. Maybe low pressure switch???

:errf:

That's how it all started for me too Doc...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When I read what you posted its the first thing that came to mind but I was on my phone and I had to wait until morning.

Hope your day went better today.

I checked with my supervisor and they are doing well at our big project, so despite the rough start they will be on track to finish up tomorrow provided no issues then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom