I clean my rugs on the fence with a garden hose

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Cleaned a house the other day and noticed a bunch of wool rugs needing to be cleaned. I offered to take them to my shop and do them up right. The old gentleman proudly responded, “No need for that, I clean them myself on the fence with my garden hose” He was so proud of his cleaning job, he even hung one of the wool rugs up on the wall. I didn’t have the heart to tell him it had browned out. You gotta pick your battles.
46825077-9C80-4BE6-BA5A-F983E3F20B80.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Cleaned a house the other day and noticed a bunch of wool rugs needing to be cleaned. I offered to take them to my shop and do them up right. The old gentleman proudly responded, “No need for that, I clean them myself on the fence with my garden hose” He was so proud of his cleaning job, he even hung on of the wool rugs up on the wall. I didn’t have the heart to tell him it had browned out. You gotta pick your battles.
View attachment 100203
What were you doing in Alabama?

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
In Finland its a custom to wash all of their rugs in a lake in the springtime.

I'm not guessing its particularly good for the lake or the rugs, but according to my friend who lives there, she says its as much of a tradition to them as going to the sauna or killing Russians.

Yes she said exactly that. Finnish Rug Cleaning.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I'm not guessing its particularly good for the lake or the rugs, but according to my friend who lives there, she says its as much of a tradition to them as going to the sauna or killing Russians.

Yes she said exactly that. View attachment 100225
Actually in many places like Finland, they have outdoor public rug washing facilities.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Or salt water if closer to the coast.

People that brought Ryas back from Sweden would tell us they had to be cleaned the native way, and we'd point to the owner's speedboat in the back corner of the lot and tell them that's why we have the boat.

Greeks wash their Flokatis in a waterfall, at least for the tourist's show, so we had a rubber hose one of those as well. :biggrin:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
My sister lived overseas . While there she got some rugs to furnish the place. She used to send them out to be cleaned. While shopping in the markets where they were one time she saw her rugs hanging out on a fence!!!! LOL!
Now , living in the southwest, she does hose her rugs off and leave outside to dry.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom