I did a Home Show pic

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We don't advertise but we really have set some big goals this year so we got talked into doing this Kids Fair Home Show.

What a disaster!!!!!!!!!!

The only rule was you had to have something for the kids to do or win. There were pony rides, jump houses, and tons of fun things for kids to do, all with parents that wanted clean carpets. ( so we were told )

About 20,000 people showed up and the crowds were so thick people were pissed before they got into the building, they had to wait hours with their screaming kids and the last thing they wanted was to talk to anybody about carpet cleaning.

The problem with a free event is the crowds were 40% non english speaking illegals, 40% white trash rental people and 20% other. All were pissed at the crowds and screaming kids. Not a good crowd for the most expensive cleaner in town looking for high end clients.
We handed out over 1000 fliers and most were stuffed into a bag without being read. When it was over we counted about 100 on the ground. People did say alot about the truck and our rug that said CLEAN ME!
We had lots of before and after pics, handouts, 15% offs and other things but people were too smashed together to take any time.

I will never do that type of show again. Heck I will never do any show again!! I think if I was a low ball cleaner with a huge sign that said 4 rooms for $79.00 I may have done well.

So if you are asked to do a Kids Home Show don't do it!!!!

camerapics308.jpg

camerapics310-1.jpg

Attachments

• camerapics308.jpg
    camerapics308.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 214
  • camerapics310-1.jpg
    camerapics310-1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 213

-JB-

Name
JB
Sorry to here that, for what it's worth the "clean me" rug is pretty funny, do you mind if I save the shot for a up coming mailer? 8) It's definitely a good attention getter, especially with the little sign above it. You should be in marketing, but I suppose you've heard that before I bet?

Becker

Name
Becker
What did the use of Mattor run ya?

Awesome booth. Nicest carpet cleaning home show booth I ever seen. But that comment goes along with most things I see about your business.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't give up, you have a great setup, just the wrong show.

Before you totally throw in the towel, try a home show with the same setup.

We just finished 2-shows in back to back weeks, Lawrence & Topeka Home shows.

You can't beat it for exposure and while they are a bit of a pain in the ass to do, we have received some good jobs directly tied to the Home Shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom