I did it.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So a local distributor had a big sale. So I bought a Hoss 700. So now I get to learn how to clean with this.

Should I skip the disk and put a needle vale?

I'm going to clean my house tomorrow after I get done with my one job. I have been wanting one of these since they came out. What made me do it, my back.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Yes it came with both sets.
I got home at 3 today and jumped in my sons car made the 2 hour drive to Sacramento through Friday traffic to get this today.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I will. I have white carpet that has 3 different lengths of yarns. Its thick. And I have 2 big dogs that get treated better than me around here so it will be interesting to see how much hair it digs out.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I will. I have white carpet that has 3 different lengths of yarns. Its thick. And I have 2 big dogs that get treated better than me around here so it will be interesting to see how much hair it digs out.

I've only played with the HOSS for a few minutes at MF 10 but I imagine you will be thrilled with the clean ability of such a machine.

My RotoVac 360i digs hair, soil, sand (and who knows what else) that I'd been leaving behind for years.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

The Clean Machine

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
They came in Friday. They were short handed and working ot to get trucks out. I called when I got in from work and found out they were there but they had not put them together. I took my sons scion and flew to Sacramento.

I didn't get to test today. Had to work my daughters car that the broke down. . Got her car fixed so testing it tomorrow.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Well it cooled down here and I couldn't look at it anymore. I hooked up the machine and did a 4x6 area with day old pre spray with metal glides. Looks great. Dug up lots of hairs. Not as dry as I would like but only have a 45 blower. I believe it had the large disk in it. 400 psi. I will do the rest of the house in the morning.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Louis,
I am thinking that the HOSS is sent out with no reducing disk installed. We want you to dial it in to your machine. 45, I would try large to middle.

Mike Draper

i never had any need for the valve, just set your pressure accordingly and go. take the disk out.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
What creates the seal between the cleaning head and the machine on the Hoss? The RX or a 360i has a felt ring but ads for the Hoss indicate they don't use one.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Used the square Teflon glides and the steel glides. 400psi. The steel glides are more aggressive and you can't work one area to long. The Teflon was much smoother operation. I would trust a tech with the Teflon but the steel glides could get you in trouble. The steel glides clean a little faster but grabs the carpet and digs in. If looking to move fast stick with the steel. I like the Teflon so can work a problem area without risk.

I didn't get to play with the rounded glides. I think they would work on CGD.

I used the large disk and the dry time was under 4 hours. Left a snail fan on low and the areas dried quick. With drypods and airpath it would be 2 hour dry times.

This thing digs so much out of the carpet it's crazy.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I have been using the grove Teflon glides and they are smooth. I want to change to the metal ones soon but had to wait for my son to get used to it. Metal glides and tile edges don't mix.
Next I'm going to turn the jets towards the vac slot to get better dry times. A 45 blower is barely enough to run a rotary.

This thing is amazing at digging stuff out of the carpet. I did a customers house that I have cleaned for years . The dog died over 2 years ago. I have cleaned this carpet at least 3times since the dog has been gone. It pulled up a bunch of dog hair. And yes we vacuumed the carpet. Now I feel a wand is like using a portable.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've used my RE (RotoVac 360i) so much in resi situations over the last 1.5 years that it has become VERY difficult to "switch gears" when cleaning for a property manager. They don't pay nearly enough to get Rotary Extraction, so I prespray and suck it up with the wand. Most times I have a pretty good idea of the stuff I'm leaving behind.

The truth is that Rotary Extraction should be most important to THEM. Property management companies all seem to be very short sighted and only look at 1 thing...price. So they get what they are willing to pay for as I push hard into my residential market, where the $ is.

Kind of a shame that they can't see it, it's costing them more $ than they are saving.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I want to wrap my hoss. I think I might name it animal. This thing digs hair out of carpet so well. I thought about calling it big hoss. Maybe written with rope. I think I'm the only one in this area to have one or these. Every one here loves the Rx or the 360rv. I just want it to look different.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom