I did what two others including SS couldn't.

Clean this filthy rug.

I knew there was no way I could hack it out on-location. I told the lady I could get it clean or there was no charge. She didn't believe me. Well it's clean. This rug was like cleaning a hayfield. I vacuumed it as best I could, but I still managed to pull a dozen hair pins and a few dollars in change out. There is no way I could have got it clean with just a wand. I did go back over it with the wand and that helped some as well. There were a few stains after cleaning but within a few hours they faded away. I mixed some slurry and OSR in a bucket and metered it through the line. I think the SP works better that way. I have one more video of the finished product, but my phone is messed up for now.

0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tquwsmuRQeE0]

True, but the rug was seamed together on the back. Also I don't need to go to the car wash. My TM does great for pressure cleaning rugs. Very good.

The weather has been in the teens and 20's for the past few weeks. It was almost 70 today. I thought I better knock a few out before it goes back below freezing this weekend.

I could have pressure washed it, but I am not sure that would have worked as good as what I did. After going back over it with the wand, it was perfect. I bet I am going to get at least a dozen referrals from this lady.

The real question is would the 360i run on that shag rug? I bet not.

Name
Lee Stockwell
danielc said:
True, but the rug was seamed together on the back. Also I don't need to go to the car wash. My TM does great for pressure cleaning rugs. Very good.

The weather has been in the teens and 20's for the past few weeks. It was almost 70 today. I thought I better knock a few out before it goes back below freezing this weekend.

I could have pressure washed it, but I am not sure that would have worked as good as what I did. After going back over it with the wand, it was perfect. I bet I am going to get at least a dozen referrals from this lady.

It's quicker at the car wash, better drains and 5 gpm @ 1200 psi at the one I use. My TM goes as high as 2000 psi, but delivers only 3 gpm.

In the winter no room in the shop for rugs unless there are two or three warm nights. Van gets first dibs.

T

The Magician

Good job your getting a cheerleader now. Quote from Steve Tourben

GeneMiller said:
how much shag did the rotary pull out.

gene

It pulled a little, but not too bad. I had glides on it. Running a 175 on a rug like that is not a good idea. The fibers are real long, but not dense. There is just a lot of area for dirt to hide. That is why others that used a wand could not get it clean. Well she called a 49 dollar hack service so I am not suprised, but you would think SS with tm's could improve it just a bit. Nope.

I used redline and rinsed with slurry/osr.

That was one rug. I am not touching the sheep skin rug with leather backing. It's not worth the risk.

Lee I would be lying if I said I had not thought about taking some rugs to the car wash, but I don't want to get robbed. They are not a good place to be working with 30k dollars in equipment.

A

amazingcleansc

Lee Stockwell said:
danielc said:

It's quicker at the car wash, better drains and 5 gpm @ 1200 psi at the one I use. My TM goes as high as 2000 psi, but delivers only 3 gpm.

In the winter no room in the shop for rugs unless there are two or three warm nights. Van gets first dibs.

I was cleaning a rotovac powerwand at the carwash and got the jet too close to the wheel and it dug a permanent mark in the rubber! now thats power, oops!

A

amazingcleansc

danielc said:
GeneMiller said:
how much shag did the rotary pull out.

gene

It pulled a little, but not too bad. I had glides on it. Running a 175 on a rug like that is not a good idea. The fibers are real long, but not dense. There is just a lot of area for dirt to hide. That is why others that used a wand could not get it clean. Well she called a 49 dollar hack service so I am not suprised, but you would think SS with tm's could improve it just a bit. Nope.

I used redline and rinsed with slurry/osr.

That was one rug. I am not touching the sheep skin rug with leather backing. It's not worth the risk.

Lee I would be lying if I said I had not thought about taking some rugs to the car wash, but I don't want to get robbed. They are not a good place to be working with 30k dollars in equipment.

What was that rug made out of. The rugs at IKEA proudly proclaim POLY PROPYLENE

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
For any carpet or rug, high flow is good, high pressure is bad. Yarn systems aren't grout.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I've found a good thunderstorm with plenty of lightning and thunder does wonders for urine saturated rugs.

No, I'm not kidding.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Bob Savage said:
I've found a good thunderstorm with plenty of lightning and thunder does wonders for urine saturated rugs.

No, I'm not kidding.

ozone?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
OSR can be used as a booster.. Those usually it works better as a prspray booster as the dwell time is what is needed to perform the redox reaction

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why post about the rug

Was the lady hot?

Did she ask you and your helper for a good time after seeing your fabulous skills?

Give us the lowdown.

Dave Yoakum said:
Why post about the rug

Was the lady hot?

Did she ask you and your helper for a good time after seeing your fabulous skills?

Give us the lowdown.

Dave remove that silly picture off your website because you look like a possible pedophile.

Just saying.

Do that, hire a real IT company, and then you could really make some coin.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
danielc said:
Dave remove that silly picture off your website because you look like a possible pedophile.

Just saying.

Do that, hire a real IT company, and then you could really make some coin.

Coming from someone that has a web photo that looks like they could be prey for a pedofile.

I'll take that into concideration.

Just saying back to you.

Thank you!

BTW: I have one of the highest ranking sites related to cleaning in my entire state.

royalkid said:
again...how much did you charge?

I took the rug home and cleaned it for 150. I was supposed to clean it on-location, but that was not a possibility on her hardwood. I am taking it back tomorrow and cleaning some upholstery and another rug on-location. I was going to clean the sheep skin rug, but I decided to pass on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom