I feel bad for you guys and your battery sprayers....

LeeCory

So I wanted to let you know about another option that is tried and true. I own two Omnipro sprayers by Hydroforce and am very happy. After using them for a long time I finally replaced their batteries and they are like new again. When they first came out they had a different power connection that was not as secure, which they have fixed.

This sprayer has the benefit of having replaceable 2 1/2 gallon jugs. You have the option of just tossing on a fresh jug and moving on, or you can refill if you have lots of time on your hands. 2 1/2 gallons of solution is enough that you don't have to mess around too much, but not too much that it is too heavy.

They are for sale everywhere, but many places are too expensive. Here is a link that puts it in the ballpark of borderline being reasonable. My only peeve about these things is that they are too expensive. In fact they are nothing more than a pump, battery and some rotomolding. They sell for $389 now, but I was lucky and got them for $350.

http://bluejayjanitorsupply.com/index.p ... c5fb595520

The main wand is attached to the handle on a quick connect for easy removing for draining of lines. It also comes with a smaller jet to pop onto the quick connect for upholstery.

I have been using these sprayers for about 2 years now and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another.

And of course which sprayer someone likes is personal preference. And while you may be able to wheel these sprayers around to some extent, you still have to carry them a good deal of the time (just something to keep in mind).

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
We have 4 omni sprayers and weve had good luck with them. I order a new Mikey Boss sprayer 2 weeks ago havent received it yet.

Greenie

I know Mike says it'll be heavy, but why not an option that held 2 - 2.5 gal. jugs?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have the best sprayer ever made, it automatically dilutes everything at a 1:9 ratio, allowing me in effect to carry 13.5 gals of RTU spray, with a 1.5 gal mix tank, it uses no batteries, has no pump to break or replace. never needs to be plugged into an outlet that requires moving a sofa, never breaks, sprays out preheated solution, comes out faster at a higher pressure leading to being more productive, will not tip over and spill, survived abuse by chimps in multitruck operations, never seen a failure that was not operator error, tada its this sprayer

link to the finest, most reliable, simplest sprayer that man has ever created

http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=AS08++++++++++++++++

hogjowl

Idiot™
I carry a Hydroforce and 2 Multi-sprayers on my truck. Personally, I don' like to use the Hydroforce on residential jobs. It puts out too much prespray, and is much harder to control, or in other words, it's hard not to spray the walls and furniture with the Hydroforce. The Hydroforce is king on commercial, and trashed, empty residential.

My Multi-sprayers have been good, reliable, work horses for years.

Thanks, Jimmy, for the recommendation so many years ago.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:
I carry a Hydroforce and 2 Multi-sprayers on my truck. Personally, I don' like to use the Hydroforce on residential jobs. It puts out too much prespray, and is much harder to control, or in other words, it's hard not to spray the walls and furniture with the Hydroforce. The Hydroforce is king on commercial, and trashed, empty residential.

My Multi-sprayers have been good, reliable, work horses for years.

Thanks, Jimmy, for the recommendation so many years ago.

The important thing with a hydro-force is to not be drunk when you are pre-spraying. In normal use the walls and furniture shouldn't be hit inadvertently unless there is some issue with hand -eye coordination. There is nothing that will apply your pre-spray faster or more efficiently than a hydro-force. Your hot high pressure line is sitting by the room, why not just use it for the 37 seconds it takes.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
goodness people has anyone heard of putting in a smaller jet, if they don't like the prespray coming out so fast?? an HF sprayer is idiot proof apparently not for some around here, If I could easily train idiot chimps to use them they must work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Professionals use the appropriate tool for the particular application. Professional firefighters don't use a deluge gun to fight a car fire, and professional carpets cleaners don't use a Hydroforce to prespray residential carpets.

Now, you hacks may like your big boy sprayers, but your customers don't. They like their bed comforters dry and their floor to ceiling mirrors clean. And if you think cleaning is accomplished when you fail to detail the preconditioner up to the baseboard and furniture, then you MUST be running a nuke powered emulsifier through your system.

Thereby making yourself an easy target for the hack label.

Again ...

harryhides

Name
Tony
A Hydro-force could be quite difficult to control if one has limp wrists.

In most normal homes people don't creep sideways along the walls and so there is no need to spray right up to the baseboards.

:idea:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Filtration soil is next to the baseboards. Dogs piss next to the baseboards. Soil is routinely found at the edge of furniture and anyone who has a minute of cleaning experience has seen the packing and soiling that is in front of sofas and chairs.

Nobody likes a soaked sofa skirt to go with their over soaked carpet.

Try to be intelligent with your contrary arguments Harold.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Filtration soil is next to the baseboards. Dogs piss next to the baseboards. Soil is routinely found at the edge of furniture and anyone who has a minute of cleaning experience has seen the packing and soiling that is in front of sofas and chairs.

Filtration soiling, we do by hand and do not scratch expensive hardwood baseboards with a wand. Furniture we move, you hack !!

It's cats that piss near baseboards and we don't treat any pet piss with a regular alkaline pre-spray but with an acidic product formulated to neutralize the alkaline salts. Don't you know anything ??

Good grief.

:p

steve g

Name
steve garrett
admiralclean said:
Professionals use the appropriate tool for the particular application. Professional firefighters don't use a deluge gun to fight a car fire, and professional carpets cleaners don't use a Hydroforce to prespray residential carpets.

Now, you hacks may like your big boy sprayers, but your customers don't. They like their bed comforters dry and their floor to ceiling mirrors clean. And if you think cleaning is accomplished when you fail to detail the preconditioner up to the baseboard and furniture, then you MUST be running a nuke powered emulsifier through your system.

Thereby making yourself an easy target for the hack label.

Again ...

I am sorry you are so untalented when it comes to using a spray wand, your multisprayer will get spray on other stuff just as easy, especially if the HF sprayer is jetted down. sometimes when I have a recliner that I know can take a nuking I hook up the HF sprayer close the ball valve on the end up my hose, then gradually open the ball valve until I reach a spray that approximates a pump sprayer, I then use this method to nuke the recliner. sometimes you shouldn't be allow yourself to be stumpped by a piece of equipment and give up on it.

The Preacher

harryhides said:
admiralclean said:

Filtration soiling, we do by hand and do not scratch expensive hardwood baseboards with a wand. Furniture we move, you hack !!

It's cats that piss near baseboards and we don't treat any pet piss with a regular alkaline pre-spray but with an acidic product formulated to neutralize the alkaline salts. Don't you know anything ??

Good grief.

:p

UUUUHHHHHHHH excuse me Higgins, but Guru Gary Heacock says yore WRONG!!!!

If you believe old urine is alkaline, show me the chemistry book, encyclopedia, physics textbook, or whatever you have.

Another point. Everyone has changed a baby's diaper. You nearly always get an ammonia smell. I have checked my grandchildren's fresh diaper, and the litmus paper always shows about the same, 6.5 pH.
So, even with an ammonia odor, the urine is still acidic, not alkaline. If you don't believe me, check it for yourself.

Return to Heacock's Custom Cleaning Service Home Page

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dan'l, doesn't urine start out in an acid state (when fresh) but shifts to alkaline in the decomposition period weeks later?

this sprayer debate is funny.
electric sprayers rule....

...L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
My assistant presprays rooms before I get to them. Not possible with a hf. And no, I'm not going to run two solution lines into a house. That would be a tangled mess. Battery powered sprayers rule.

R

R W

I guess that if you wanted to really cheap out and go "old time", you could load up 2 trigger sprayers, and have a go at it!

And mount them in holsters for that "I'm prepared" look.

I prefer electrics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom